Fly

Kyo's POV

I want to know how it feels to fly.

"Can you...?"
"Could you please...?"
"Have you...?

Words from people around me. Upfront demands, hinted demands, soft requests, questions after questions prodding at me.

Have I done this? Why haven't I did what was asked of me? Could I please do that? Why are they changing their music style? Why are they not publishing out any new albums?

Why wouldn't everyone just leave me alone? Why do they have to pressure me on this and that? I have nothing left to give. Washed up, drained, an empty shell.

I want to know how it feels to fly.

"I am sorry.. but.."

That word was the final straw. Everything accumulated throughout the years had finally come to this end. I held a hand up, halting any explanation, any excuses which would only embarrass him further. A forced grin was all that could be offered before I left him standing there, high color on his cheeks, apologies in his eyes, apologies for something that isn't his fault but purely mine.

I want to know how it feels to fly.

It was more exhilarating than anything in the world. The wind blowing harshly against my hair, worries melting away, knowing that nothing can ever hurt me anymore, no demands from anyone, no veiled insults, no constant nagging at the back of my mind on what I could have done better. Freedom at last.

So that is how it feels to fly.