Sleep

Kyo x Reita

Reita curled his feet under him as he made himself comfortable on the couch, waiting for Kyo to also come sit next to him so they could start the movie. A packet of chips were thrown to Reita who caught it easily as Kyo then moved to the DVD player to slide in the selected movie for the night. As the lights dimmed, Kyo then returned to the couch, sitting at the other side of the couch, propping his legs on the space between them.

Promptly, screaming was heard as the opening credits of the movie started playing, startling the bassist. Reita jumped at the unexpected screaming, turning to see Kyo laughing silently behind the hand covering his mouth. Eyes narrowed as Reita leant forward to pummel the blonde with the cushion he was holding onto earlier, the bag of chips discarded onto the floor. Kyo defended the half hearted attempts easily before grabbing onto Reita’s wrists, stopping the violent attack. A grin appeared on his face before he leant forward, pecking Reita on the lips and then leaning back again, pulling the bassist with him. Reita found himself cuddled against a strong chest, arms encircling his mid section, a position unexpected but not unwelcomed. Kyo’s attention had clearly turned back to the movie while Reita chuckled to himself inwardly.

One would have never guessed that the smaller blonde is the type to cuddle or the type to enjoy physical contact. Yet another one of the myths surrounding the blonde shattered. More and more of the first impressions of Kyo was shattered as he gets to know the other better. He shuffled yet again, trying to get a more comfortable position. It was one shuffling too many when Kyo finally gripped his waist warningly.

“I might start to think you are doing that on purpose”

The low murmur stopped Reita in his movements, him wanting to defend himself when he now finally felt something semi hard pressing against his spine, him knowing well enough what that is.

“Do you know that you blush up to your ears?”

The moment was broken as Reita tried to yet again whack the vocalist, again countered when Kyo just laughed, hugging the other man tight. Both settled down to at least watch a portion of the amazingly cliché storyline of the movie. Reita did not realize that he had dozed off until Kyo tapped on his cheek softly, wanting the other to awake.

“Let’s just go to bed”

Reita blinked at that, once, twice. When the words finally registered in his mind, he just nodded, wearily sitting up so that Kyo could also get up from the couch. He watched Kyo stretched in front of him, probably sore from him sleeping on him. Kyo caught Reita staring at him again, yet another wicked grin splitting his face.

“Don’t stare like that, I might just get tempted to jump you”
“Maybe I want you to”

Reita was glad that the cursed red that had been tagging him for the months he had known the vocalist had decided not to show itself right now. He grinned at Kyo’s jaw dropping before the other too smiled.

“You are a tease”
“Not as much as you”
“Ah, where had my innocent bassist disappeared to?”
“You corrupted me”
“Good, I have to start corrupting you more”

The other offered a hand to Reita before leading him to the bedroom.

“Obviously, none of my pants would fit you so you have to make do with your own. Shirt wise....”
“I sleep nude”

Kyo looked up from rummaging through his closet, eyes on Reita who just stared back as seriously.

“Oh, good. That solves both our problems”

Reita knew his plans to fluster Kyo had backfired on him when Kyo started stripping in front of him, pulling off the shirt he was wearing, fingers moving to the jeans that he wore.

“What are you doing?”
“I also sleep nude. Aren’t you going to undress?”

Reita continued watching Kyo unbuttoning his jeans, slowly lowering down the zipper. He felt his mouth dry, watching every sensual movement from the other man.

“Wait!”

A laugh drew his eyes up to Kyo’s smirking face. Kyo turned around and pulled out a pair of sweats from his drawer, quickly shedding his pants and pulling the other on.

“Just teasing”

Kyo sauntered to the bathroom to clean up before bed, leaving Reita sitting on the edge of the bed, far too awake right now. Reita willed his heart to stop beating so fast, to calm down. He heard the water running in the bathroom, knowing that Kyo is probably brushing his teeth then. Reita got up, moving towards the bathroom, Kyo seeing him via the mirror in front of him, a slight curve upwards of the eyebrow indicating that he is indeed still very amused from earlier. The bassist took a few steps closer, his arms circled around Kyo’s waist, fingers interlocking, and holding Kyo close. He rested his chin on Kyo’s shoulder, nose buried into Kyo’s neck, feeling very content, more than he had felt in a long time.

An understanding look came over Kyo’s face, he himself too knowing how Reita had felt, how this is something that they never thought would be possible between them, how this felt so right between them, how they do not need to rush into a more physical relationship, both just contented with little touches, the smiles that the other granted, the impromptu hugs from the other, how just being with the other is more than enough.

“I like you”

Kyo chuckled at the soft murmur against his neck.

“I like you too”

If one were to ask Reita, he can never be sure how they could ever end up in this position, how he had ended up watching the other man sleep, sleep softening the other man’s face even more. Reita continued watching, almost not blinking, not wanting to not be able to see the sight before him, the totally peaceful sight of Kyo which tugged at his heart strings. If anyone were to tell him that he has a chance to be with the enigmatic vocalist, he would have laughed at their faces. But they are here now, together.

Reita shuffled to comfortably rest his own head on his palm and then continue on watching Kyo. It reminded him of the first time he saw the vocalist sleep on the couch after him going drunk on the vocalist almost four months back. The memory brought a smile to his face, remembering how blatantly he had stared at the vocalist’s body then, and how blatantly he is doing the same right now. Kyo still fascinate him, even now, even when he probably seen all of Kyo’s temperaments, known his perverseness, known the man underneath the shell portrayed to the others, Kyo indeed still fascinate him very much so. An arm reached out for Reita’s waist, pulling the bassist closer.

“Sleep”

Sleep softened the soft grumble as Kyo did not bother to open his eyes, continue on in his sleep, now with a warm body cuddled against him as they both sleep.