Author's very long note

These were written ages ago across span of 3 years before I stopped for a very long time. I opted to not rewrite or edit them as they were a phase in my life then. Decided to post the Gazette-centric ones and not the chaptered ones. 

Background

Visual kei (VK) or Jrock/metal is a messy dark fandom. Someone told me ages ago that to be part of this world, one need to be a little stronger to withstand them. Their songs are not of love and hope but often of the harsh realities of life, abortion, current affairs, the above song (on a murder that happened). That countered with their image is startling as in VK, you see men dressed and made up beautifully and they can pass off as women with flamboyance. In some Jrock bands, you see them doing things for the shock factors like hurting themselves on stage or more.

These also serve as a warning that this is more angsty and dark compared to my recent writings.

Diru was formed before Gazette and there used to be a lot of comparison between the two and also fans who accused each other of being copycats. But in honesty their music are different and they are unique in their own ways to me.

The Gazette 

Left to right : Aoi, Reita, Ruki, Kai, Uruha

Ruki - vocalist/lyricist
Aoi - 2nd guitarist
Uruha - 1st guitarist
Reita - bassist (often paired with Ruki)
Kai - drummer/band leader

Dir en grey

Left to right: Toshiya, Kaoru, Kyo, Shinya, Die

Kyo - vocalist/lyricist
Kaoru - 1st guitarist/band leader
Die- 2nd guitarist
Toshiya - bassist
Shinya - drummer/baby of the band

My favorite pairs are Ruki x Kai and Kyo x Reita.