Chapter 10

For the next few day's, Maddie kept her distance, her walls up. She waited eagerly for her fists to heal to she could have a friendly spar with Natasha Romanoff. On the second day, her scraps had healed and she went down to the gym after eating breakfast. She started her typical workout. It kept her occupied until lunch. She took the stairs and go to the dinning room last. Everyone was seated and looked at her when she came in. Maddie kept her face neutral as she took the only open seat. It was next to Steve and Sam. Sam looked at her, eyes showing no emotions. Maddie knew her face was just as composed and blank. They broke eye contact and neither of them looked at each other during the whole meal. Both of them where too stubborn to apologize just yet. Maddie still harbored her resentment, and Sam still held on to his irritation. Maddie ate silently, ignoring the look from Wanda. The witch still hadn't gotten over her mental lapse, and Maddie held no respect for the girl after her actions the first night she had been here. There where a lot of conversation's going on around the table, but they stopped abruptly when Maddie stood and said. 

"Romanoff, are you ready for our match?" The red haired Russian got to her feet, face neutral. "Of course." She replied, just as formally as Maddie had asked the question. The two left the room and Maddie heard a rush in the room she had just left. When she turned to press the down button on the elevator, the rest of the Avenger's flooded into the elevator with them. Maddie shot them an irritated look. Why where they so interested in their spar? She quickly composed her features as the doors slide open. Everyone flooded into the training room and Maddie turned to face the Russian.

 "I'll referee the match." Steve called as everyone quickly backed up against the walls. "Are you ready?" He asked Maddie and she nodded in conformation. "Natasha, are you ready?" He asked again, voice swelling and rising to the ceiling. "The woman's face was blank as she spoke. "Yes." Her voice was sharp and clear. Steve stepped back until he was against the wall.

 "May the best one win." He said, and like that, both girls sprung into action. Every person in that room was tense with anticipation, eyes and ears straining, muscles tensing, and all around the room, a breath was held. This was S.H.E.I.L.D's best Assassin, and she had been challenged by a sixteen year old girl. The room was deathly silent as the two terrible forces clashed. One was a blur of red hair, and the other was a blur of blond, that seemed to flash gold. Every sense was straining to comprehend what was happening. There was a violent noise of a heavy body being slammed into the mat, and everyone stared at Maddie and Natasha. Maddie had the Assassin pinned. No one was able to comprehend what had happened, it had been too much, too fast. Maddie got off the woman and offered her a hand. Natasha took it with a wry smile.

 "I'd say you have me beat." Maddie grinned, letting her composure slip. "You did well though." She told the woman. "You almost had me there for a moment." Natasha shook her head. "Don't flatter me." Maddie shrugged silently. "Suit yourself." She responded. Agent Romanoff rubbed her shoulder. "Damn, that was a killer move you pulled there." She complimented halfway complaining. Her shoulder was going to be hurting for months. There was a dead silence, and now both of them remembered that they weren't alone. They both turned and left, going to Maddie's room.

------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: 

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed the chapter.