Chapter 22

Time: 12:15

Location: Helicarier

You waited outside Director Hill's door, knowing you were doing the right thing. The two guards on either side of the door looked at you calmly, gun's at the ready. You took a deep breath, the file in your hands. Who knew, maybe the information it contained could be the key to stopping the war with HYDRA. After all, Maddie had been their best Agent before she had escaped. 

You waited, palms sweaty, heart thumping. After fifteen minutes, the doors finally opened. Director Hill stood there, hands behind her back. "Agent L/N." She said crisply, and you saluted quickly.

"Director." You said, ducking your head in deference. She turned on her heel and you followed her into her office. It looked like the standard S.H.I.E.L.D. office. Steel walls, bare steel floor, a plain metal desk with a computer on it. Director Hill took a seat at her desk. Her eyes were level and cool.

"What did you want to meet with me about?" She asked, voice clipped. You swallowed, suddenly nervous. "Remember when you told me to clean up one of the storage rooms?" You asked. Hill nodded and you kept going.

"I found this." You held out the file to the Director. She looked at it for a long moment, then took it from you. Her face was impassive as she slipped through it. There was a heavy silence, and your stomach dropped to your boots as Hill put the file down on her desk neatly. 

"How much did you read?" She asked a warning note to her voice. Sweat broke out on your face and your breathing became irregular. This was not good. You quickly gained your composure. "Um, not very much." you admitted hurriedly. The director looked at you with dark eyes. 

"I am very sorry, Agent L/N." She said, and the two guards burst in the room, guns trained on you. You froze, hands going instinctively in the air. "I'm going to have to arrest you, you know too much." Adrenalin roared through you're veins, mixed with panic. What were you going to do? Hill spoke calmly.

"I am very sorry for this." She said, and her eyes seemed to age. Her shoulders slumped. "I can't risk you spilling anything." She raised her hand and looked away. Three gunshots rang out, and you were falling, falling into darkness.  

                                                                                YOU DIED!

well, good thing this isn't real life or you would be dead. Go back to the beginning and try again. Good luck Agent.