Chapter 25

Time: 13:00

Location: Helicarier.

You ripped your attention away from the page as you heard footsteps coming in your direction. You hurriedly shoved the file under the stack of papers, heart in your mouth. The footsteps grew nearer, and so did your panic. You forced yourself to relax and put on a calm facade. Agent Kyler was back. 

You saluted, your panic growing. She never visited you twice a month, much less twice a day! You fought every instinct to look at the pile of papers and what they hid. Could she possibly know about the file? You took a deep breath as she stopped in front of your desk. 

"Agent L/N." She said in a clipped voice. You straitened. "Yes ma'm." you said, keeping all emotions out of your voice. You couldn't give any sign that something was off. You didn't know what the punishment would be for keeping the file from your superiors.

"You had to clean out a storage room." The Agent glanced at the door, then back to you. Oh, crap. You were so screwed. 

"Agent L/N. I need you to come with me." She said, hand drifting to her gun. Your mind raced as you glanced at the stack of papers. You had two options. You could either go with Agent Kyler, or you could resist. You knew that withholding information from Shield was considered a traitorous act, and was punishable by death. On the other hand, you didn't want to be on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D, if you could even make it out of here. Maybe you could plea for mercy, even then, if that worked, you would probably get sent to a remote island for the rest of your life.

You have two options:

One: If you chose to go with Agent Kyler, go to chapter 26. (It's the smart thing to do, you don't think you could ever make it out of the Helicarier alive. This way you have a better chance of survival.)

Two: If you chose to resist, go to chapter 27  (You know you almost certainly have a death sentence coming your way. You would rather take your chances and escape.)