Chapter 21

Time: 12:00

Location: Helicarrier

You put the file down on the desk in front of you, head swimming with all the information you were trying to process. You couldn't believe you had found these old, duty files in a storage room. You kicked your feet up on the desk, thinking. So, there had been two unmentioned Avenger's that no one obviously knew about, since you hadn't heard about them before.

The words on that debriefing had been clear, and you glanced at them again. The bold letters popped out at you. You ran a hand through your hair, sighing. You were stuck at a cross road. You could keep reading, and discover more about the story, or you could go show the files to Maria Hill, the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. 

The words on the debriefing had complicated things. AGENT, THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEBRIEFING COULD BE FATAL IF IT GETS IN THE WRONG HANDS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! That meant that information in there could be dangerous, and you knew you should report it to Director Hill. It was the right thing to do.

At the same time, unanswered question's swam in your head. Why were they left back there in the storage? Why hadn't you heard of the Maddie girl, or the Sam person before? They had to have been good if they had been promoted to the Avengers. You knew that if you turned on the files, you wouldn't get to know what happened next. The debriefing had ended on such a bad note, why? 

A nagging doubt crossed your mind. What if that was the reason it had been labeled dangerous? You looked down at the file again. Was the risk worth it? If you got caught with it, you would definitely get into trouble.

You are at a crossroad: 

If you chose to give the file to Director Hill, (congratulations, you are doing the right thing!) Go to chapter 22.

If you chose to keep the file, (why not? Who knows what you could discover?) Go to Chapter 23.