Chapter 34

Time: 15:03

Location: Helicarier.

DEBRIEFING:

Coulson: Thank you for coming, Agent.

[There is a moment of silence, and Coulson clears his throat.]

Coulson: So, after the plan was trashed, everyone else ran in there to save you, therefor botching the mission.

Maddie: Yes sir.

Coulson: And what do you think about the way they failed so spectacularly?

Maddie: They let emotion's get ahead of the mission.

Coulson: True, but I was thinking more about what that say's in relation to you and the team.

Maddie: It say's nothing other then the fact that they didn't want to lose an asset for two months.

Coulson: oh. ok.

Maddie: Are we finished?

Coulson: No, how did Agent Treaty feel about all of this?

Maddie: He felt whatever he felt.

Coulson: You're his girlfriend, yet he didn't protest when you volunteered for something that could have been suicide. 

Maddie: He know's my strength's and weaknesses. That mission would not have been suicide.

Coulson: Are you sure you're not overestimating yourself?

[There is a long moment of silence.]

Maddie: Don't offend me sir.

{There is a pause before Agent Coulson responds.]

Coulson: What about Agent Maximoff, how did she respond when you took her place?

Maddie: Ask her.

Coulson: Your action's didn't have anything to do with protecting them, did they?

Maddie: It was merely that I stand more of a chance then they did.

Coulson: ok. Thank you for your time, Agent.

[a door shuts. the tape-recorder is shut off.]