Chapter 17

Time: 5:00

Location: Avenger's Tower, New York. New York.

It had been two days after the drama of the almost "Witch hunt of the 20th century." took place. Wanda had avoided Maddie at all costs after she had heard about the girl's furry. Sam had woken, mortally embarrassed that his Girlfriend had taken him out so easily, and that he had been so stupid. Maddie just cataloged everything as, "I don't care." moving on quickly. For the past few day's, Bucky had been in the gym around the same time as her, and they had faced off in everything. The two had slowly started to feel comfortable around each other and Maddie found that she enjoyed the older man's company. 

Now she stepped out of the elevator to see Bucky already there. He looked up from his guns. Maddie put hers on the table and started to clean them, disassembling her pistol's with an easy fluidity to her movements. They spent five minutes cleaning each gun, then put them together again. Each of them started their workout's, then when they where done, they grabbed their weapons. Bucky smirked at her. 

"You up for a little friendly competition?" He asked, racking his machine gun. Maddie nodded shortly, a small smile flickering across her lips. She wandered over to the table and grabbed hers, excitement bubbling in her veins. Bucky could be better at this then her. 

"What are the rules?" She asked as the moving targets came to life.  The human shaped targets moved along the far wall. Bucky laughed, pulling his hair back, out of his face. He tucked it behind his ear, shooting her a glance.

 "There are none." and with that he started to rapid fire at the targets. Maddie being Maddie, and taking into account the fact that he had said there where no rules, didn't bother to shot the targets. Instead, she shot the gun from Bucky's hands. He yelped in pain as the gun was ripped from his hands. It went flying and clattered to the floor, a few feet away. Then Maddie started to coolly fire at the targets. 

"Hey!" He exploded, but he wasn't angry. He was more impressed by her ability to think outside the box. She stopped firing as the target stopped moving. Bucky went to pick up his gun and he started laughing. He turned to face her, gun in hand, still laughing. 

"That was genius." he told her, respect flashing in his eyes. He took a deep breath, controlling his laughter. A small smile was still on his face as he walked towards the table.

 "I can tell why you got so far." He commented. Maddie put her gun down on the table, Bucky doing the same. He glanced at her, a sly smirk on his lips. She stayed silent for a while as they cleaned their guns they had just used. Finally she asked, 

"What?" It was the first time she had ever initiated a conversation with someone other then Nick Furry or Sam, and felt comfortable. Bucky chuckled, it was low in his throat. He deftly put his gun back together in practiced movements.

"I want you and Clint to be my pranking partners." Maddie looked at him for a long moment before realizing her was serious. She frowned, thinking about it for an even longer moment. 

"Sure." was her response. She could use a little fun to add a touch of excitement to her day. "As long as it involves pissed off people." Bucky gave her a crafty look. "I think we are more alike then you realize."