Not Thinking Clearly

Song: Coming Down by Five Finger death Punch (piano mix---sorry no lyrics)

Anthony:

I passed out in my car in Blake's driveway. The sun blinds the hell out of me, waking me up. I head on home but to my surprise when I pull up it is gone, burnt to the ground. Cops are everywhere.

One sees me and he walks over to my car with his partner. "Can we help you sir?"

I get out of my car and my eyes scan the whole house looking for my family.  "This...this is...was my house. What happened?"

"You live here?"

I nod frantically.  "Yes...well did. Where is my mom?"

The two officers look back at each other. "Son...your mom and sister did not make it out. Your little brother was taken in to the hospital for inhaling smoke. He should be alright. Can we ask where you were last night?"

"I was at a friend's house; he was having a party."

"We will need to verify that later...just for the reports. Do you have anywhere you can go?"

I shake my head no but then nod yes. "I can stay at my grandparent's house." I lied to them. This is the only home I have and it is gone. Who in the hell would have done this. It's payback it has to be. Every day someone is making some kind of comment related to what happened to Katana. It was all my fault and I know someone is trying to get back at me for it.I should have made her leave that night. I should have told her to just go. Then none of this would have ever happened.

After she left the room last night, walking back through the house everyone was looking at her and back at me. Everyone was talking about what happened in the room. No one really knows but the two of us and we did not have sex; it was nothing like that. We had words that's all. Of course I had blood running ggv out of my nose. All the rumors were spreading around so fast.

Jake came up to me. "We need to talk." He pulls me to the side. "Are you and Ana hooking up what the hell man?"

"No...it's not like that."

"Really man, everyone saw you two go to the back room, don't tell me it was just to talk."

"I'm serious man. She doesn't like me that way."

"Really, tell me you haven't slept with her?"

"Well I...I..." He swings at me hitting me in the jaw. I don't hit him back because I probably deserve to be hit for what I have done to her. There is no way I can tell him the truth.

"Get the fuck out of here man, just go!" He yells at me. I walk out taking a fifth with me. I sit in my car and drink the rest of the bottle only to pass out in the damn driver's seat.

Now I look back at the house that I grew up in...what freaking house. What happened? I have nowhere to go. We haven't talked to family in years and I really don't have friends any more not since the word got out that my dad almost killed Katana. They all look at me like all of it was my fault. Hell maybe it was. I haven't told anyone that I raped her too...that it was me that took her out to the field and left her for dead. Everything is my fault.

I skip school the first part of the week. I just don't feel like facing everyone. I can't take this shit anymore. I mean here I was, a part of the team, a part of something and now they all are dissing me like I never belonged there. Friends...what fucking friends. I have no one.

My mom and sister died in the fire. They took my little brother away; I'm sure they will put him in foster care now. It may be just as good for him to go there anyway at least he won't have to grow up in a house full of hate...full of fear like I had to do.