85

Cas got in about 5 minutes later and we drove to the school. "This is Dean's car" Cas told me. "It'll be mine when hes dead" I told him and his eye brows knitted together.

"He let me borrow it" I told him and we pulled up to the school and I grabbed my badge and turned off the car and walked up and showed the officer my badge and Cas walked behind me. I walked over to a cop and there was a girl crying.

"What happened?" I asked and she looked at me. "One minute we were talking and then she just stopped" the girl sniffed. "Then everyone was looking out the window and yelling" she started to sob and she looked at the side of the school bus with the pink on it.

"Did anyone see anyone else at the scene?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Could that really be her?" She cried. "Was your friend, uh, depressed?" I asked and she looked at me confused. "Any thoughts of suicide?" I asked.

"Ew. No." She shook her head. "But she was kinda bummed because the dick bag Travis broke up with her in front of the whole school" she sniffed. "Kinda bummed?" I asked. " More bummed then when she got a C on her a quiz but less bummed then when her parents split up. Kinda bummed." She told me and I nodded.

I looked back and didnt see Cas. "Excuse me a moment" I nodded and I walked around the bus and saw Cas leaning against the car. "Cas what's wrong?" I asked him and he looked at me. "I've seen this before" he sighed. "Where? When?" I asked. "In heaven" he told me.

"An angel did this?" I asked and he nodded. "No ordinary angel. This is bad Ava. Very bad" he shook his head. We got back in the car and I looked at him. "What do you mean no ordinary angel?" I asked him. "On the battle field of heaven there was a special call of angel called Rit Zien. In enoichen for hands of mercy" he told me. 

"They were the medics. They tended to the wounded and helped those that could be helped but if they were past saving then the Rit Zien put them down" he sighed. "What happens exactly?" I asked.

"They had a special gift. They made smiting so quick and total and it was painless" he told me. "Yea but these arent Warrior Angel's. This angel is vaporizing humans" I told him. "Right. I dont know" he sighed.

"The Rit Zien are drawn to pain. It's like a beacon for them" he said. "So when this angel fell he heard the cries of the suffering humans. Just like he would in heaven" Cas said. "Hes carrying on his heavenly duties down on earth" Cas nodded.

"Well this was just a regular moody teen" I said. "Since he is so new he doesnt understand the human emotions. I've been here for a few years and I'm only beginning to grasp it. To him pain is pain" he said and I rubbed my head. "So everyone is fair game" I sighed and he nodded.

"Well we gotta kill him then" I looked over at him. "No you've gotta kill him" Cas told me and I nodded. "You go on that date tonight. Live a normal life" I nodded and turned on the car and looked at him. "Well?" I asked. "I need a ride" he told me and I smiled and nodded and we started to drive.

We pulled up to his dates house and he looked at me then put his hand on the door. "Thanks Ava" he smiled at me. "Wait Cas" I said and he looked at me. "Your really gonna go on a date wearing that?" I asked him and he looked down at what he was wearing.

"This is all I have" he frowned. "Lose the vest" I told him. "What?" He asked confused. "Lose the vest come on" I told him and he took the blue vest off and I nodded. "That's a little better" I nodded. "Now under the top 2 buttons of your shirt" I told him. "Ava" he said a bit worried.

"Just do it and run your hands threw your hair" I told him and he did it. "Now be polite. Hold open doors and tell her she looks nice. Ask about her life, girls live to talk" I nodded. "You would know?" He asked and I nodded. "Thank you Ava" he smiled and got out and shut the door behind him.

He walked through the gate and clipped a rose from her garden and hid it behind his back and I nodded. He turned around and waved me on and I smiled and put the car in drive and looked forward to see some guy backing up.

He was getting a little to close so I leanded out the window. "Hey!" I yelled and the guy in the truck waved and pulled up a little bit. I smiled and pulled out of my spot and started to drive. My phone started to ring and I picked it up.

"Sheriff?" I asked. "Now here's a wrinkle. The first 2 victims only the wife's DNA came back in the tests" he told me. "The husband is still out there" I said and hung up. I whipped the car around and started to drive the other way and drive to the police station.

I parked and got out and went to the sheriff's office and he told me that the woman was an atheist and then her husband started to listen to some preacher. He showed me a picture and a couple was standing in front of a truck. The same truck that almost backed into me when I dropped Cas off.

"Is that his truck?" I asked and he nodded. "Cas" I said under my breath and I put the picture down and I ran out to the car. I turned it on and raced over to the house Cas was at. I skidded to a stop and turned the car off and ran up the steps with my angel blade out. I kicked open the door and saw Cas and another guy and I was flung against the wall and hit my head.