Part 3

Three weeks into the tour, Melanie is already exhausted. So many shows, fans, equipment, but the adrenaline rush hits her every single fucking night. It's exciting for her.

It's another day on the bus, of course with some stops. Melanie is back in her regular seat, reading, alone, but laughing at the conversions around her. She can hear Freddie from across the bus, trying to convince Brian that the word he put down for scrabble is a real word, like usual. Some other roadies drunkenly flirt with a couple of girls they picked up from the last stop.

Suddenly, someone sits across from Melanie. She looks up to see Roger with a big, goofy smile on his face. Tilting her head, Melanie smiles back at the drummer, giggling.

"I don't want you sitting alone again, Mel. We have been over this a billion times," Roger laughs lightly, his smile remaining on his face. Yet, he is serious in away.

"I don't think it was a billion times, Mr. Taylor," Melanie states, her smile grows as she hides it behind her book. Roger reaches over and takes the book from her. "Hey, I was reading that!" Melanie laughs a little bit. Roger puts the book on the seat beside him.

     "Well, you're going to socialize now!" Roger states with a smile on his face.

     "Roger!"

"Sit in my lap."

"Excuse me, what?" Melanie asks, quick to confusion, almost whipping her giggly look off her face. Roger pats his lap, his look almost in a prideful way.

"I think you heard me," Roger says. Melanie blushes harshly, looking away from him.

"Roger, I don't think-"

"Oh hush, I might have to do it my fucking self!" Roger says, shifting himself into the seat next to her. He pulls Melanie's legs over his lap, easily bringing her into his lap. Melanie is shocked by how easily he did, but she is quite light anyways.

"Roger, some of the others are staring," Melanie states, glances around back and forth between Roger and a few guys across the bus from them.

"Are you uncomfortable with this? I mean, I should have asked," Roger asks.

"Oh, I don't really...I don't mind," She tells him.

"Are you sure?" Roger asks again, glancing over at the roadies staring at them, girls on their arms and a beer in hand.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Melanie smiles at him shyly. "Just tell me when you want me off."

"I like the sound of your voice," Roger randomly says, smiling sheepishly in return.

"Oh, uh, thank you," Melanie drops her head down, eyes staring at her fidgeting hands. Roger takes some of her curly, ginger hair and puts it behind her ear. "I probably got it when I started talking," she states, embarrassed.

     "I guess you're right, love!" Melanie's heart flutters when Roger called her love.

     Roger stares at her with his baby blue eyes, smiling. Biting his lip, he tightens his hold around her waist. He glances over Melanie's outfit. Looking back up, Roger locks eyes with Melanie. He moves a loose strand of ginger hair behind her ear.

     Melanie blushes lightly, looking away from the drummer. She giggles a little and fidgets with her fingers. Roger takes notice of her fidgetiness.

     "Hey, do you want me to get you a drink?" Roger asks.

     "Sure,"

     "What do you want, love?"

     "Whiskey?"

     "Alright, I'm gonna make that two! It will be right up!" Roger says, letting Melanie get off his laps he quickly makes his way to the other side of the tour bus. Melanie smiles to herself as she cuddles herself in a bawl. Her cheeks are beet red.

     Glancing up, she sees a man, who was eyeing her before, still has his eyes on hers. He smirks and gives her a wink. Melanie goes pale, soon to give the guy the middle finger out of urge. The man clearly, yet silently, took offense. Melanie looks away, staring out the window, watching the outdoors of the middle of nowhere go by. She lets out a light sigh.

     "Here you go, love! The best whiskey we've got!" Roger says, handing her a glance.

     "Thank you, Roger," Melanie responds, grabbing the glass with two, not letting it spill.

      "My pleasure, now tell me about the college you went to, you studied art, didn't you?" Roger asks.

      "I majored in photography and film, minoring in journalism. So I pretty much had no social life. I still don't, I guess," Melanie answers the drummer.

     Roger nods, "That's actually really cool! Have you got any good photographs while on the road?" He asks.

     "Oh yeah, I got some good photographs of raccoons and stray cats, but I have gotten a few landscapes, would you like to see them?" Melanie suddenly gets excited.

     "Please!" Roger smiles at her, chuckling lightly at the excitement she's showing. Melanie smiles back at him, grabbing her bag from the seat across from her and puts her drink between her thighs. "Oh, do you want me to hold your drink while you get the photographs out?" Roger asks.

       "Oh, yes please, if you don't mind!" Melanie gives him her drink, soon to grab an envelope labeled 'Landscape Polaroids' and another labeled 'Animals'.

     Roger smiles at how neat her handwriting it. It's pretty and large, almost Roman-style writing. "I like your handwriting, much better than mine or any of the boys," Roger chuckles. Melanie laughs with him.

"Landscape or animals first?" She asks.

"Animals!" Roger laughs, letting Melanie open the envelope. She hands him the photos after taking her drink back. Roger downs his drink like a shot and gently places it beside him. "Oh, Melanie, these are so good. You have a variety of animals. Raccoons, birds, everything!" Roger excitedly exclaims as he takes his time, looking at each and every picture.

     "Thanks, Roger,"

     The two spent the rest of the ride together till the next stop, Roger hands Melanie a photograph and asks her to tell him about the photo's, and a few others she brought along. Roger's amazed by the talent of her photography skills.

     This stop, a city to stay the night before the show for the next night. A city to explore.