Part 13

Lots of eventful nights and concerts pass, yet another traveling day is ahead of schedule. Everyone is cheerful and happy, so is Roger Taylor. He finds himself in staring at Melanie from a couple of seats down the bus, biting his bottom lip as she makes eye contact with him.

They haven't been able to have a quiet moment in ages. It's been over a week since they haven't had a moment alone with each other. It's been killing Roger.

     Slowly over time, Roger and Melanie started to trust each other. Roger isn't going from girl to girl or having a quick shag anymore. Melanie trusts him, slowly starting to open up to him. But not quite yet.

     "Roger, stop staring," Brian nudges the drummer playfully, only to get a nudge back. Brian smiles as he watches Melanie shy her gaze away from the drummer. "Love birds," Brian mumbles under his breath, earning himself another nudge from Roger. "You two are keeping yourselves on a low profile," Brian states.

     "We want to keep it a secret for a while," Roger states, having a little trouble getting his eyes off Melanie. "Even though it's only you four know about us, Melanie is kind of shy to be with me when I'm around you guys," the drummer states, looking at his magazine, letting out a small sigh.

     "Poor Mel, maybe that's why she is shy of us again, it's because we caught the two of you being cute together," Freddie says to the boys. Roger glances around the bus, stress building up in him.

     "Maybe you could get her to tag along with us to explore the town today, hope to get her more comfortable," Brian suggests, scratching the back of his head.

     "I don't know, I mean, that's a good idea. But, what if she doesn't want to, you know? I don't want to make her do something that she doesn't want to do." Roger sighs as he glances over at Melanie once more, giggling with Anna. A part of him hopes that Anna doesn't know about them.

     "Of course, she'll warm up to us again at some point," Brian states, seeing his friend in discomfort.

     "You know, we're going to Scotland after a few more shows. She promised to show us around her hometown a bit, maybe she'll feel more comfortable then," Roger says, voice clear with stress.

     "Don't think about it too much, Rog, we love her anyway," John states. Roger looks up at the bassist, who is staring at a magazine. The drummer smiles lightly as he puts his elbows on the table and leans into his hands.

"Don't act so miserable, darling, Deacy is absolutely right. We love Melanie! She is good for you," Freddie tells the drummer, getting his attention. "She is quiet and grounded, peaceful. You can learn from her." he continued. Roger leans back in his seat, smiling about from Freddie's remark. He hears his mates chuckle lightly.

He looks back over at Melanie, catching her sweet glance. She flashes him a smile, earning a smile back.

"You better keep her in your life, ever since you met her, you've been happy. Haven't seen you like this in a while."

"She is always smiling at you when you look at her," Brian points out. "It's clear that she likes you back and it looks like you are the same about her!" Roger smiles at the guitarist. "You should spend some time with her, especially since we finally get some extra hours of rest before the show, even if she tags along with us!"

     "Thanks, guys, for everything," Roger mutters as he rubs his face with his hands.

"We are your friends, it's what we do, Rog." Freddie sighs.

"What if she wants to break up with me because I have kids?" Roger asks. His friends raise a brow at him in silence. The watch him shove his face in his hands. "What if she doesn't want kids or to be a stepmother?"

     "Whoa, are you thinking about marrying her, Roger. Isn't that a bit too quick, Rog?" Brian asks. "You're still going through the divorce."

      "No, no, no!" Roger plops his head down on the table. "Not like that! I don't mean that!"

"You're overthinking. It wouldn't hurt you if you just try harder to spend more time with her than ignoring her for secrecy. You are allowed to love her, you fucking pansy." John states, putting the newspaper down. Roger looks at the bassist with a shocked expression. "Roger, if you're so worried, you should talk to her and be honest."

     John watches the drummer tense up next to him. He sighs quietly as he shifts in his seat. Roger looks at him hesitantly, a shiver going down his spine. "What if she changes her mind about me?" He asks weakly.

     "She wouldn't, you know she wouldn't," John tells him.

     "John is right, you know that?" Freddie's sips his beer.

     "Fine, fine. I'll try to talk-"

     "You will talk to her." John interrupts. The bassist returns to his newspaper and gets comfortable. Roger's eyes drift to Melanie. The two lock eyes. Melanie gives the drummer a cute smile. Roger returns a smile and leans back in his seat as he stares at Melanie. "You have to understand, honesty and loyalty is key in a relationship, which you find very hard to keep up with."

     "Piss off!" Roger growls lowly as he bites his lip as he looks Melanie up and down cautiously. He grows tense when Melanie looks away from him. Anna soon looks at him, causing him to look away.

     Roger sighs softly and runs a hand through his hair. Melanie is the sweetest woman he has ever met. They've only been dating for almost three months and Melanie is still a bit shy around him.

     "You need to listen to John. You need to listen to all of us!" Brian tells him. The drummer glances at the guitarist.

"Roger, you want to stay with her, yes?" Freddie asks.

"With Melanie?" Roger raises his brow at his friend. Freddie nods. "Yes! But I know I'm moving too quickly-"

"Do you see any possible future with Melanie?" The vocalist shifts in his seat as he watches his friend's eyes wander somewhere else. They wander to Melanie's. Freddie knows that Roger can't get his eyes away from the rapid across the bus.

"I think so!" Roger smiles a bit.

"Then stay with her! You just have to take your fucking time!" Freddie cheers, taking a sip of his beer. Jim wanders over to the band, only to have Freddie take his hand. Jim sits next to the singer and smiles. He sees how they look at each other. How they stick together.

Roger smiles softly at the couple.