Part 20

"Hey, Mel!" A familiar voice rings at Melanie's ear. Melanie turns as she puts her clipboard on the table.

"Hey Brian, you need anything before you go on?" Melanie asks, fiddling with her pencil. She tenses one he gets near her, feeling small when Brian stands in front of her.

"I need to talk to you in private!" Brian states, taking Melanie gently by the hand and taking her into an empty hallway. "What the hell are you doing to my mate?" He whisper-yells. Brian can see the roadie become wary.

"Brian, what are you talking about?" the roadie leans against a wall. She shyly looks away from the guitarist. Brian squeezes her hands tightly, making the roadie smile.

"Rog is too energetic and he definitely is love-struck! I mean, he hasn't been able to focus ever since this morning! Who is he and what did you do to my Roger?" Brian chuckles lightly, accidentally making the roadie shy her body away from him.

"I'm sorry," Melanie giggles as she hides her face, looking down at her feet.

"Lovies! Roger is so distracted by you, Mel, it's getting out of hand!" The two can hear Freddie from across the hallway.

"Shush!" Brian yells. Melanie giggles some more as Freddie jogs up to them. He can tell that Melanie is getting timid.

"What did you do to Roger! He is either too in love or just a dirty bastard!" Freddie whispers to her, smiling a little. Melanie hides her face with her hands as the vocalist gives her arm and nudge.

"Nothing! I didn't do anything!" Melanie laughs. "Now will you two excuse me, I have work to do!" She quickly says, walking away from the two of them, blush decorating her face as she smiles.

"You're not getting away with this!" Freddie demands. Freddie and Brian catch up to the roadie, each walking on both sides. The roadie becomes fidgety.

"The two of you are too cute, it's subtle!" Brian notices her twitching slightly, rubbing her upper back lightly. Melanie glances up at him and smiles a little. The guitarist smiles back.

"Subtle is kind of the point!" Freddie and Brian laugh at Melanie's comment.

"I have to agree with Brian! The two of you are amazing together!" Freddie smiles lightly. The three get to the stage. Melanie is too shy to talk anymore. "Roger would be a fool if he loses you."

Melanie looks at Freddie with a puzzled look. Freddie ruffles her ginger hair as Brian leaves the two to go to his guitar. The roadie glances over at Roger as he fixes the placement of his drum kit.

"Melanie, I want you to know that Roger can be a bit of a flirt. Hell, all four of us are. But, Roger, he can be a little out of hand. Though, I haven't seen him look at someone the way he does at you." Freddie tells the roadie. "You're a sweet girl and a friend. I just thought I had to tell you."

"Is he going to cheat on me?" Melanie questions.

"I can't say. But I can say, he loves you. I'm willing to talk if you need in any comfort dear, but I need to rest my voice. I'll see you later." The vocalist tells her before going to Brian. Melanie looks over at Roger, who is putting down his drum sticks.

"There is my baby!" Roger mumbles excitedly as the three arrive at the stage. He practically runs from his drum kit and hugs Melanie tightly.

"Nice to see you too Roger!" Freddie teases as he takes a seat next to Brian.

"Oh god, I missed your face," Roger mumbles, soon to get gagging noises from Brian. Melanie sticks her tongue out at the guitarist, soon to hide her face in her hands again. "Hey, hey, I don't hide from me! I only got to see your beautiful face for a second!"