Part 34

Melanie takes a deep breathe as she looks up at the ceiling. She's in bed. All of her things are packed so she could be ready to hit the road again after the show. Anna was out reorganizing some plans because the surprise visitor, David fucking Bowie.

She realized she can't stay in bed forever. She needs to get out of the room and probably get on to work, though she isn't needed by anyone for the next two hours.

"I'm such a loser." Melanie sighs as she gets out of bed. It's almost noon. She rolls her eyes at herself and changes into clean clothes. Slipping on a pair of shoes, she hears a knock at the door. She quickly cuffs her jeans and rushes over to the door.

"Melanie." She hears as she opens the door to see Roger.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the venue or something?" Melanie asks.

     "Doesn't matter, I need to talk to you." Roger tells her as he walks into the room.

"Roger, are you okay?"

"I don't know!" Roger runs his hands through his hair. Melanie closes the door and takes a deep breath. "It's just I need to see your face." The drummer looks into Melanie's eyes.

"You're acting so weird." Melanie states as Roger cups her face. "What are you doing?"

He kisses her gently.

"Melanie, I'm in love with you."

"I know." Melanie kisses him back. "But I can't do this right now." She says as she feels Rogers hand glide across her hips.

"I know, I know, just let me look at you, right here." Roger mutters as he looks at Melanie. His eyes sadden as he watches Melanie grow uncomfortable.

"You should really be at the venue."

"Mel, you look so bad."

"Wow, thanks, that's really nice."

"Hey, c'mon, what's wrong?"

"You should leave." Melanie sighs, looking away from the drummer.

"No, I know there is something up, you're eyes are puffy and you most definitely sad." Roger states as Melanie leaves his arms.

"It's nothing Roger." She tells him.

"Melanie-"

"Rog, please, it's nothing." Melanie looks out the hotel window. She suddenly feels Rogers arms wrap around her waist, along with a kiss on her temple.

She forgot how warm Roger made her. She's calm, yet her heart is racing. Taking a deep breath, Melanie closes her eyes.

"Hey love," She hears Roger whisper. Melanie jumps slightly turns her head towards him, giving him a small smile. He looks her up and down, biting his lip, admiring the strapless, yellow sundress. It goes down to her knees, covering the marks that still reside on her thighs.

"Hey," Melanie whispers, watching Roger's angel blue eyes wander over her as he sits next to her. "Did...did you sleep well?" She asks, hesitantly taking hold of one of his hands. The roadie looks away from the drummer. She is nervous. He knows she is uncomfortable. He squeezes her hand gently before planting a kiss on her cheek.

     "Yes, I did. How about you?" The drummer asks.

     "I slept well," Melanie's smile grows a little and her eyes twinkle up at the drummer. Roger reaches for Melanie's soft cheek, rubbing his thumb slowly against her soft skin. Melanie blushes a little at his gentle touch, causing her to sink into his hand. "Just wish I could...I could have been with you," she states. She watches Roger smile widens, only to look away from right after.

     "I feel the same," Roger turns her head to face him again with his hand, kissing her lips gently. "I wish I could have touched you more last night, made you feel good," he whispers in the roadie's ear. "I wanted you to scream for me, like the good girl you are," the drummer starts to place gentle kisses on Melanie's neck as he whispers things against her soft skin.

     Melanie opens her eyes and turns around in Roger's arms and looks at him. His grips tightens as she hugs him. She can't comprehend anything. She can't even speak. She wants to, but she can't.

     Roger feels Melanie take a deep breathe. He slowly rubs her back. He knows she is overwhelmed, it's clear. Melanie shoves her face in his neck.

     "I got you Melanie, I've got you." Roger comforts her.

Roger places a soft kiss on Melanie's lips, cupping her cheeks. He lets her cuddle into his side as she slowly starts to get herself awake. He wraps his arms around her and letting her kiss him.

     A smile appears on the drummer's face as Melanie deepens the kiss. He feels Melanie grip the back of his shirt.

     "Hello, sleeping beauty." Roger whispers.

     "My prince!" Melanie giggles softly as she untangles her legs with Roger's, shifting under the sheets of the bed.

     "So beautiful."

      "I really appreciate you, Roger, for dealing with me tonight," Melanie mumbles groggily into his neck.

     "I will do this every single night if I have to," Roger simply smiles as he rubs Melanie's stomach. He keeps placing tiny kisses on her forehead.

     "Baby-"

     "And don't you dare not let me!" Roger laughs softly, placing little kisses on the top of her head. "I will spend the rest of my days with a woman like you!" He says.

     Melanie's heart thumps wildly as butterflies flutter around in her stomach. She sighs and kisses his cheek. She can feel Roger's hands wander over her skin under her sweatshirt. Goosebumps rise on her skin as their skin makes contacts. Heat rises in her cheeks as she smiles.

     "Every fucking day, I'll take care of you, Mel."

      "I love you too"