Part 14

"What if she calls it quits? What if she doesn't feel comfortable with me!" Roger stresses.

     "Roger, I don't see why you are questioning the relationship all over again. We had this conversation on the bus! Melanie is a wonderful, sweet, and caring young woman," John says, handing his friend a drink. Roger thanks it and almost takes it down in one sip.

     They just got to the hotel, John noticed Roger becoming tenser since the talk during the bus ride. It's been worrying him a lot.

"She has been so shy around me, John! I mean, she sometimes flinches whenever I touch her!" Roger sighs.

"Melanie has always been shy! I think she is just a little spooked by me and Brian and Freddie."

"Spooked? What do you mean, spooked?" Roger finishes his drink and sits down in a chair. John sits down on his bed and rubs his face.

"She is scared that people know."

"It's only three people! Oh god, I'm torturing her! I'm not good for her! She deserves someone who doesn't make her feel scared! Deaks, You think I should break up with her?" Roger's asks, shoving his face in his hand.

"Roger Taylor, don't fuck up like that!"

"Excuse me?" Roger immediately looks up at his friend, shocked.

"You and Melanie are beautiful together! I mean, she is good for you, she has changed you for good. When I first met Melanie, she barely talked to me. The more I know about her, the more I realized how sweet and giggly she is. When I learned that two of you started dating, I was stunned. Then I realized, the two of you are perfect for each other." John lectures.

     Roger looks away from John, inhaling a bit. "That's a lot John." Roger states.

     "I know, but I need you to understand that you can't let her go. You would destroy yourself and her if you go to her room just to break it off with her." The bassist states.

     "I still want to see her."

     "Because you like her."

     "A lot."

     John smiles at his friend. There is a knock at the door. John quickly sits up and walks over to the door, only to see Brian impatiently waiting.

     "Brian, come in." John moves slightly so the guitarist can come in.

     "Thanks," Brian says and glances over at Roger. "Rog, if you break her heart, I'm going to have to kill you."

      "That's a bit aggressive." Roger states.

     "At least he's getting a point across!" John tells.

      "Wow, you're agreeing with Brian?" Roger laughs a little.

      "At least it's not another guitar solo." John sighs, earning a nudge from the guitarist.

"Listen guys, I understand that you want me to stay with Mel. Trust me, I do too, but I'm not good for her." The drummer tells his friends. "I'm really not. She is just so perfect and reserved."

"You might think that, but the relationship is going to get so much better." Brian informs him.

"Oh come on, stop talking like that, this isn't a fucking chick flick!" Roger complains.

"You're the one making it a chick flick!" The bassist growls.

"Roger, do you love her?" Brian asks.

"Isn't it a bit early to know that?" The drummer grumbles, blushing a little bit.

"Do you love her?" Brian repeats himself.

"I guess?" Roger smiles lightly. John and Brian look at each other.

"Brian, it's clear he is head over heal for her. It's a bit pointless to ask if he is in love with her." The bassist smiles. Roger pouts, only smiling a little bit.

"Piss of John!" The drummer says, crossing his arms and looks away from his friends. "I won't break up with her. I never will!" He admits. He hears his friends sigh in relief.

"Thank the heavens!" Brian states.

"I love her so much and I know she loves me. But I don't think she knows how to show it." Roger sighs, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What does that mean?" John asks

"Well, I don't know, she is awkward around me and she doesn't know how to show her feelings the right way, you know?" Roger sighs.

"Roger, you're stressing yourself too much." Brian tells him.

"How would Dominque feel? how would she feel about me moving on too quickly? I mean, she doesn't see me like, you know, that way. The press steal thinks I'm with her and all. With the baby on the way, I want to be with her when my little girl is born. I don't want my kids in a turn apart family. It's all my fault." Roger raises tension between the three men.

"Well, I don't know what to say about that." Brian rubs the back of his neck.

"I think you should be honest to Dom and also with Melanie. I mean, you aren't wrong with feeling that way when it comes to your family." John tells the drummer.

     "What I am going to do with myself."

      "Just go talk to her, Roger, it's the least you can do." Brian sighs. Roger gets up from his sit, running a hand through his blond hair.

     "Alright." The drummer sighs.

     Roger says goodbye to his band mates before walking himself out of the room. He looks down the hotel hallway to the stair way exit. He nervously walks up the stairs to the next level. "What the fucking hell am I doing..."

     "I can't"