Part 4

"Melanie! C'mon, plenty of people are going to go out and explore! We got here really early! It's only two in the afternoon, we can shop, try all the foods here! People even talked about going clubbing later tonight! We only leave this place the morning after the concert. The club is just two blocks away! Heard that Roger is going, maybe he'll convince you to sit in his lap again!" Anna begs, giggling a little.

"Now don't go telling anyone that I sat in his lap!" Melanie demands, hiding her small smile by turning away from her friend. "But I think I'll stay here at the hotel, I can load up on vending machine snacks so we can watch a movie on tv while I work," Melanie sighs.

"No, you can do that later tonight. I want you to come out of your shell and enjoy yourself, have a bit of fun! I won't let you be an introvert any longer!" Anna exclaims loudly. "Plus, Roger really likes you, it's so fucking obvious. I overheard him talking to the boys about you and your photographs!" She says.

"What? Oh god, he did? What did he tell them? I bet he was just pretending to like the pictures, he probably-"

"Melanie, calm down! Roger was telling them how good of a photographer you are, he was rambling on and on how gorgeous they are!" Anna chuckles lightly, smiling a bit.

"Oh," Melanie blushes a deep pink, sitting on her bed, looking away from her best friend. "He really liked them? He really said that my photographs are gorgeous? He said that to the rest of the band?" Melanie asks, voice almost weak, yet filled with so much joy.

     "Oh yeah, he said that he really loved the polaroids you got of that bald eagle, the one that flew up to a nest and most likely was feeding chicks. God, Roger rambled on so much about you. He is so in love with you!" Anna tells her, sitting next to her.

     "Him being in love with me is probably an exaggeration, Anna. He doesn't see me that way," Melanie laughs lightly as she scratches her arm. "He doesn't love me."

     "He so loves you, it's wicked how much he's been talking about you today!" Anna says, taking her best friends hands. "I even heard him tell Fred that he thought you are pretty and wouldn't shut up about it!"

     "Anna, don't you be lying to me about this. It would be so messed up if you are," Melanie's states, looking up at Anna, eyes mixed with hope and worry.

     "Have I ever lied to you, Mel?" Anna asks.

     "No, you never have."

     "Then why would I be lying to you now?"

     "I don't know, you-"

     "Exactly, now put on that cute pair of jean shorts, it makes your ass look good," Anna smirks, nudging Melanie before getting up.

     "Only if I borrow that sheer black blouse of yours, you know, the one that's short sleeve and collared, but it's not too sheer," Melanie says, almost without thinking. She immediately hides herself a little.

     "Want to go out sexy, I see!" Anna giggled, winking at her best friend.

     "Oh shush, I have a belt that would look good with it," Anna states as she immediately goes to her bag. Melanie fumbles through her clothes bag, taking out a thick black belt and black bra.

      "That bra is going to show cleavage, Mel. Are you trying to get Rog's eye? You already have it, you know!" Anna teases, handing Melanie the shirt. Melanie scrunches her face up, sticking her tongue out. "I promised the band that I tag you along with them tonight, so, you're welcome!"

"Oh fuck, then where is my sweatshirt? I'm not going out like this!" Melanie stresses.

"No, you are going to look gorgeous in that outfit, don't go back on the outfit you already thought up wearing!" Anna says shoving her in the bathroom.

***

     "Damn, Melanie you look good!" Anna says as she catches Melanie as she puts on her high top converse. "If I didn't have a boyfriend, I would snatch you up!"

      "Oh, uh, thanks to Anna," Melanie shoots a smile towards her best friend as she puts on a couple of black bracelets.

"Mel, I wasn't lying to you when I said that Roger told the band that your photographs were beautiful," Anna says, rubbing her arm. "It was kind of a spur of the moment. I didn't mean to freak you out or anything."

"Thank you, Anna."

"Now c' mon, let us go see who's out," Anna says, smile widening, grabbing her handbag. Melanie sighs quietly as she grabs her small book bag, quickly putting her camera in it. "This is my favorite part of touring, free time that wasn't planned," Anna states, opening her hotel door.

"Well, what a surprise!" A familiar voice shouts. Melanie lifts her head as she shuts the hotel door behind her. She hides as much as possible but fails miserably. It was from Brian. Roger, Brian, and John.

"Hey, guys!" Anna laughs as the boys hurry to them. "Fancy seeing you here," she teases, making the three men smile. Roger turns to Melanie, looking her up and down, biting his lip.

"You know what, we were just talking about you guys," Brian says, nudging Roger a little. Roger gives him a small nudge back. Melanie smiles as she catches Roger staring at her. He looks away, almost shyly. He never seemed shy to her.

Yet Roger's eyes go back to Melanie, seeing her nervous and blush state. He smiles widely at the roadie. Brian nudges him again.

"And what were you three talking about us for? About how amazing and beautiful we are?" Anna says, voice with a hint of sass.

"Fuck yeah," Roger mutters, returning his gaze to Melanie.

"What was that Roger?" Anna asks, a suggestive smile on her face.

     "Oh, I said I guess we were," Roger tells her. Anna takes Melanie by the arm as she sees Roger's eyes keep going back to her best friend. She laughs.

     "Now where are you three off too?" Anna asks.

     "We are going to explore," John answers, smiles at the girls. "Would you ladies like to come with us?" He asks.

     "Sure!" Anna answers, looking at her best friend for reassurance.

     "That sounds fun," Melanie mumbles shyly, fiddling with her book bag straps. She sees Roger smile, looking her up and down once more. Her cheeks keep burning a dark red.

     "Great! C'mon  then, let's go!" Roger pipes up, leading the way to the stairs.

     "He so likes you!" Anna teasingly whispers.

     "Shut up, leave me alone!" Melanie growls, nudging her friend. 

"I am guessing Freddie is staying behind with Jim?" Anna asks the band, smirking at Melanie.

"Yes, he is, they might go explore a little later with Phoebe and couple others," Brian answers.