Part 17

As night starts to creep at the sky, the group slowly make their way towards the hotel, browsing through a few shops. The first shop they went to was a candy shop and each one of them had handfuls of candy on bags, at least a pound of candies.

They enter a nice clothing store. Melanie immediately starts to eye a black and gold striped collared shirt at the entrance of the store. She smiles lightly as she glances over Roger.

"You want to try it on?" He asks.

"Can you try it on?" Melanie asks.

"Me?"

"Yes, you, silly!" Melanie giggles as Roger smiles.

"Alright!" Roger gives the roadie a peck on the cheek before taking a shirt his size and heads towards the dressing rooms. Melanie sits in one of the chairs, John soon to sit down next to her.

"Hey, John!" Melanie gives the bassist a small smile, earning a smile back.

"Hey, you doing alright?" The bassist asks, voice soft.

"Yes I am, thank you, how about you?"

"Good!"

"You got a lot of candy, John!" John laughs lightly at Melanie's comment.

"Well, most of the bags are for the kids!" He smiles brightly.

"You're such a great father, John." Melanie makes John blush with her statement.

"How do I look?" Roger asks, posing for Melanie and John.

"You look like a dad who is trying too hard," Melanie giggles. "That was a mistake on my part, it's too flashy, go put on your other shirt!"

"Alright!" Roger says as he goes back into the dressing room, laughing.

"A dad who's trying too hard?" John chuckles.

"It's all I could think of!"

"Well, you were quite on the spot!"

Roger places the shirt back on the rack, soon to take Melanie's hand. "Have you seen anything you like, love?" He asks.

"Not really," Melanie answers. Roger pulls Melanie closer, his erection against her thigh. Melanie blushes lightly, kissing the drummers' cheek. "Have you seen anything you like?" She asks. Roger kisses her lips and hugs her tightly.

"Only you, love," Melanie rolls her eyes at Roger's comment and takes his hands, leading him to different parts of the store.

"You're so cheesy, you know that?"

"I thought you like cheese!"

"You know what I'm talking about!" Melanie giggles as she takes Roger to the front of the store, seeing John and Brian.

"There you two are!" Brian says, crossing his arms.

"Are we taking too long for you, Bri?" Melanie asks.

"Just thought we lost you two if we stayed another minute!" The guitarist states.

"It's getting quite late, we should head back to the hotel," John states as Freddie and Jim approach them.

"That's a good idea," Jim states.

***

     The walk back to the hotel wasn't terrible. It was just a couple of blocks and laughs away. The group stayed in one conversation, all together till they made it to the hotel. They said their goodnights and goodbyes, excited about the concert tomorrow.

     Roger takes Melanie's hand as the two go out of sight from everyone else. Melanie shyly kisses the drummers' cheek as they reach a landing of the staircase. Roger turns to her, passion in his eyes as his heartbeats are fast and so loud.

     Melanie tilts her head at the drummer. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she rests her head on his chest. She smiles when she feels his heartbeat. A small smile appears on the drummers face. Roger wraps his arms around Melanie, bringing her in as tight as possible. The drummer kisses the top of her head, tickling at her sides, causing her to giggle.

   "I know we've been a couple for a couple of weeks now, but, honestly, I think I'm so in love with you." Roger states.

    "I think...I think I'm so in love with...with you too," Melanie mumbles into the drummer's chest.

     "I'll be loyal."

      "So will I."

      Roger pulls away slightly, looking into Melanie's eyes. "Mel, I don't think you understand. I will always be loyal to you. I promise." He is desperate for Melanie to get his point. There is love in his eyes, his heart can't stop getting faster. "I promise, I'll try so hard to make you trust me. I need to be loyal."

     "Hey, I understand you will. I'll do the same." Melanie tells him, gently rubbing the drummer's arms. She watches him grow uneasy. Taking his hands, Melanie tries to reassure him. "We can make this work."

     "Can we take our relationship slow?"

     "Of course!"

     "I just want to preserve us-"

     "No need to explain yourself, Rog," Melanie cuts him off. "I trust you."

"Please, just do that," Roger kisses the roadie. "I will try my best to keep you from not trusting me."

"And I'll do the same for you."

The drummer gives Melanie a quick hug. "I don't deserve you, you know. We just got into a relationship and you are already giving it your all."

"I can tell you are doing the same. Listen, Rog, I understand you don't want to mess us up, I don't want to that either. You have to trust yourself before you can trust me. Can you do that for me?" Melanie asks, lacing her fingers between the drummers. Roger nods in response, a little smile stretching at his lips. "I love your smile, you know that?" Melanie watches Roger's face light up with joy.

      Roger kisses her forehead. "Thank you, love, now let me take you to your room! I don't want your pass from the heat of this damn staircase!" Melanie lets out a giggle as Roger leads her up the stairs.

    "Alright," Melanie giggles once more glancing a Roger a little. "Can you please spend the night with me?" She asks, her voice a little quiet and soft. Roger looks back at her with a raised brow. She looks away from him with blushing cheeks.

"I will, love."

     "Thank you, Rog."

     "No worries, we can talk all night if you'd like!" Roger chuckles lightly.

     "Even cuddle?" Melanie's face lights up.

     "Yes, of course! Why wouldn't we cuddle, love?"

       Melanie giggles as Roger opens the staircase door for her. Before she could say thank you, Roger plants a gentle kiss on her lips. He wraps his arms around her waist and picks her up, spinning her around. Melanie laughs loudly as she holds her camera close to her.