Part 5

The group sits down in a not so crowded pub, a couple of fans notice the boys but leave them alone. Melanie can see the realist in the boys' eyes by the look in their eyes with no paparazzi around.

     "Let's save getting drunk till tonight, boys," Anna laughs as she watches Brian and Roger fight for the alcohol menu.

     "But mom," Roger whines teasingly.

      "One drink, but that's it," Anna laughs again. Melanie starts to fiddle with book bag straps again. Anna quickly takes notice and takes her hand to stop. "I got you," she whispers. Melanie nods lightly looking towards her friend.

      Roger scrunches his way further into the booth next to Melanie as Brian and John start to talk about the tour. "Have you two settled in well into the hotel yet?" Roger asks.

     "Yes we have," Anna says, looking over at Melanie, "it's very nice, isn't it Mel?" She nudges Melanie for a little encouragement to speak up.

     "Yeah, I think it's nice," Melanie says, looking over to Roger. His angel blue eyes are glued to her.

     "That's good!" Roger smiles, causing Melanie to smile and look towards her lap.

     "Hey Melanie, what would you like to drink?" Brian asks as he stands from the booth.

     "Oh, I'll have whatever whiskey they have," Melanie says. Brian nods.

     "Chardonnay, Anna?" Brian asks, earning a nod from Anna.

      "Rog?"

      "Whiskey,"

     "Here, let me help you get the drinks," John says.

      "Alright, thanks, John," Brian says as the two bandmates head to the bar.

     "Hey, I'll be right back, I am going to the ladies room," Anna excuses herself as she gives Melanie's hand a quick squeeze before getting up from the booth.

Melanie's heart races as she makes eye contact with Roger. He still has that contagious smile on his face. Suddenly, Melanie feels butterflies in her stomach, her heart is fluttering. Her cheeks redden as Roger wouldn't look away.

"I just want to say that I find you very pretty," Roger says.

"You do?"

"Yeah, actually, I do,"

Melanie looks away from him, embarrassed by how red she is getting. "Thank you, Roger," Melanie fidgets with her hands.

"I'm making you uncomfortable, aren't I?" Roger chuckles lightly, starts to scoot little away, but before he can, Melanie gently grabs his arm.

"Please don't scoot away from me-" Melanie gulps as she sees Roger smirk, raising his eyebrow in question. "You're just...you're warm," Melanie states. Roger scoots back, but closer to Melanie.

He takes off his leather jacket, wrapping around Melanie. He places his hand on her the open skin of her inner thigh. Melanie bites her lips as goosebumps rise, melting into the drummer's touch. "Better?"

    "Yeah, thank you-"

"Alright, here's the whiskey you two ordered," Brian says as he scoots himself into the booth, placing whiskey down and sliding them towards the two. John does the same. "Where's Anna?" Brian asks.

"Restroom," Melanie answers, Brian nods for an answer.

"What did we miss?" Brian asks, sipping at his drink.

"Nothing much, just sitting," Roger says as he removes his hand from Melanie's thigh as Melanie straightens herself.

"Melanie, Roger was telling us how beautiful your photographs are, is that true?" Brian question, a smirk revealing on his face.

     "I wouldn't say beautiful, I mean-" Melanie stops herself to think for a second. "I have a few if you'd like to see for yourself." She shyly says.

     "Yes please!" Brian smiles. Melanie reaches in her bag and passes a couple of pictures to Brian and John.

     "Melanie, these are really nice," John smiles at Melanie.

     "Agreed!" Brian states as he picks up a picture.

     "Thank you," Melanie says as she fails to hide her face with her hands. Anna chuckles and leans into Melanie, making her laugh.

     "I didn't see some of these before," Anna states as she grabs a couple of pictures.

     "I got a couple of pictures outside the hotel," Her best friend tells her. Anna nods as she passes them to Roger. Melanie sees a small smile appear on Roger's face as he looks at them. "Some of the others gotten in some of the photos and started to act a bit silly," Melanie giggles, soon to point out Freddie, sticking out his tongue in one picture.

     "Thank you for showing your pictures, that was very nice of you," John states.

     "No problem," Melanie smiles at the bassist.

"You know boys, Melanie won a couple of first place awards when she was in grade school and university," Anna nudges her best friend.

"Oh, Melanie," Roger raises an eyebrow as he watches Melanie scrunch her face up at Anna.

"I'm not surprised," The guitarist exclaims, John chuckling a little at Melanie along with Roger.

"Yeah, she won cash prizes and all the jazz. How many did you win again, Mel? Thirty-Eight?" Anna pridefully brags in honor of her friend.

"Whoa, Melanie, that's amazing," the drummer says, nodding a bit.

"Yeah, you really are talented!" John pitches in.

"Thanks, guys," Melanie giggles as she takes a sip of her drink.

***

     The group of five wander around the big city, talking and laughing, admiring the tall buildings. Melanie trails behind the group, taking pictures. Roger glances back at her as she takes a picture of the line of buildings across the street.

     Roger waits for her and walks with her, "You got any good pictures?" He asks.

"Yeah, I hope they'll turn out well," Melanie states.

"Melanie?"

"Yeah?"

"You like good in my jacket,"

Melanie blushes as she looks away from the drummer. "When do you want it back?"

"I don't think I want it back," Roger states.

"Roger, it's your jack-"

"But I did say you looked good in it, so, I think it should be yours," the drummer says, rubbing her upper back.

"Thanks, but this jacket probably expensive,"

"Don't worry about it, love, I got another," Roger smiles, hesitantly putting an arm around Melanie's shoulders, pulling her close to him. He glances around, no paparazzi. He becomes less tense.