Chapter 7

When I woke up, we were still on the quinjet. I opened my eyes to see that I was laying on Steve. Oh, God. I hope I didn't drool on him.

"Geez Bells. You sleep like the living dead. I could barely tell that you were breathing." Tony joked.

"I didn't sleep on you the whole time. did I?" I asked Steve.

"I didn't mind. I've had Tony fall asleep on me. Trust me you are much more pleasant than he is." Steve responded.

"ETA is about five minutes," Clint called out.

"I am going to order a pizza." Tony piped up.

Everyone gave their approval. After we landed, I immediately crashed on the love seat. Soon all the seats were taken. I saw Steve looking uncomfortable on the floor with Thor, so I patted the seat next to me. He thanked me and explained that the last time he was stuck on the floor with Thor, he wanted to learn more about the Midgardian tradition of cuddling. Tony probably put him up to it. When the pizza arrived, I quickly grabbed three slices. I knew I couldn't eat it all but I wanted to have enough before the guys took all of it. Clint suggested a movie, and I asked if I could pick the movie.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. please play my favorite movie of all time."

"Of course, Princess," J.A.R.V.I.S. said as he started The Little Mermaid.

"Seriously this is your favorite movie?" Clint asked.

"Yep always has, always will be. I have a soft spot for Disney movies." I responded.

As the movie played people started going to sleep one by one. I woke up to the smell of coffee some hours later. I knew only one person could be up this early with coffee. Uncle Tony. I walked into the kitchen to see him sitting at the counter with a tablet in his hand.

"Morning. Where's the coffee?" I greeted.

"Morning Bells. Over by the sink."

"Thanks. So, what are we doing today?" I questioned.

"Um, I have a few meetings, I think. You can do whatever you want. I've already ordered you a credit card and it should arrive around lunch." He replied.

"Ok. Once everyone else wakes up, I'll see what they're doing. I know Pepper will want to go shopping soon. Maybe tomorrow?" I stated.

"Sounds good. I don't think Pep has anything important going one tomorrow." with that Tony went off to get ready for the day.

I set about making breakfast for everyone. Once everyone started trickling in and drinking their coffee, we had one of those get-to-know-you conversations. I learned that Clint used to be in the circus, Bruce used to live in third world countries as a doctor, Steve loves to draw, Thor enjoys pop-tarts, and Natasha doesn't have any mundane hobbies. They've learned that I love to read and cook. I don't know if I should them that I have already graduated high school and college with three Ph.D.'s. I can keep up with Uncle Tony and still know things that will baffle him. When they asked about what I was going to do for school, I smiled a bit. I think Natasha noticed because she gave me a look that said, 'I know you are hiding something and I will find out.'

"You know you could just ask right?" I asked Natasha.

"You smiled when Bruce asked about your education. Why?"

"I smiled because I have already finished high school and college," I answered.

"There's more, isn't there?" Clint questioned.

"I have three Ph.D.'s."

"Princess, Sir is requesting you in the lab," J.A.R.V.I.S. informed me.

I thanked J.A.R.V.I.S. and headed to the lab. When I arrived, Uncle Tony was updating his Iron Man suit. I could probably build my own if I wanted to but I don't know if I would have the full helmet like his. When Uncle Tony noticed I arrived, he motioned for me to come over to the small couch off to the side.

"What's up?" I asked him to try to get him started.

"Well, I had J.A.R.V.I.S. run a facial recognition scan for the redhead vamp you described. There was a hit a few hours ago while we were beating up the Cullen's. Bells, I'm so sorry."

"Who?" I pleaded.

"Renee and Phil."

"No. We have to get Charlie. She's going to kill him too. I need to talk to the guys, they could help. They could protect Charlie even." I started mumbling.

"Of course, we will get Charlie. Who's 'the guys'? How can they protect Charlie?" Uncle Tony asked me.

"They are the vampires' natural enemy." Is all I said.

Revised 4/17/20