Chapter 36

Ch 36

Natasha put me in a teal sleeveless button-up, light-washed jeans, and teal converses. My hair was pulled into one of those fancy ponytails and light makeup was applied. When I went down to meet Steve, he had on a pair of jeans and a white button-up.

"You ready?" Steve asked, holding his hand out for me.

I took his hand and said, "Definitely."

He led me to the garage where a nondescript black car sat. After a short drive, we had arrived at a carnival on the boardwalk. We walked around playing different games. Steve won me a giant teddy bear at the balloon darts. I was holding onto the bear and Steve's hand when the press decided to show up.

I squeezed Steve's hand and whispered, "Reporters."

Steve helped keep my face hidden and we made our way to the car. As soon as the door was shut, he turned to me and asked if I was okay.

"Physically, I am fine. How are you?" I responded.

"Worried about you mostly, but other than that I am fine," Steve answered.

~Next Morning~

I was sitting at the island in the kitchen eating breakfast when Pepper walked in and laid some papers down next to me. They were pictures of Steve and me last night.

"What are we going to do?"

"We have a statement prepared but you will have to do some work with me on how to handle the press. You won't be able to wear just anything when you go out anymore, and most of your dates now will have to be public. I was already planning a press conference to reveal you as Tony's goddaughter, but we can move that up instead of doing a prepared statement. If we do the conference, you will have to answer a few questions," Pepper explained.

"We will do a press conference. You gave me a crash course when I first got here, so I believe I can handle a press conference. I have to go talk to Steve about this." I grabbed the papers and went to find Steve.

I found him in the gym going at the punching bag. I sat beside him on a bench to wait for him to finish. After a few more minutes he stopped to grab water and sit next to me.

"Did you see these?" I held out the papers.

"Yeah. What are we going to do?"

"Pepper is going to move the press conference on revealing that I am Tony's goddaughter and announce that as well as me being your girlfriend. Unless you don't want to do that, then Pep had a statement for the press."

"Do the press conference and when we go out, we will have to be careful. There will be a target on your back. Are you sure you want to do this?" Steve questioned.

"I'm sure. I would have one anyways as Tony's goddaughter. Come on, hit the showers then we can plan the press conference."

AN: I apologize for the late update. I have had several family emergencies this past month. My grandmother fell resulting in 2 skull fractures, a brain bleed, and a concussion. My mom had surgery, and my sister had surgery as well. I hope everyone understands. Until next time, Ariel