Chapter 9

Tony's POV

Bella just walked into the police station, probably to tell Charlie about Renee and Phil. I warned the team about how Charlie won't know about vampires. After twenty minutes of waiting outside, I suggested that we go back to Charlie's and fix lunch for everyone. Hotdogs were the easiest because Capsicle, Bruce, and Pointbreak could easily eat about five dozen between them. I gave Romanoff and Barton the credit card to go to the grocery store and purchases the necessary items for today's lunch. I had J.A.R.V.I.S. make a list of food items to get that would last us two weeks here. When Romanoff and Barton got back, Capsicle went out to help carry in the groceries. Thanks to Bella and J.A.R.V.I.S., I had enough basic knowledge to know how to cook the hotdog wieners. Romanoff helped make the chili and chopped some onions, Bruce made some coleslaw, and Capsicle made some sweet tea. Barton said he would dust and sweep the rest of the house. Pointbreak went back to the station to wait on Bella.

Bella's POV

I walked out of the station with Charlie, I didn't see anyone. I looked around and noticed that their cars were as well.

"Sister!"

"Hi, brother. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Man of Iron suggested that they fix lunch for everyone. I came here to wait for you. Is this your father Sister Bella?" Thor explained.

"Yes, Thor this is my dad, Charlie. Charlie, this is Thor." I introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Thor," Charlie said.

"And you as well."

And with that, we went home. I could tell that someone cleaned a little bit and that someone was cooking. We walked into the kitchen to see Uncle Tony standing by the stove, Natasha was pouring some chili into a bowl, and Bruce scraping some coleslaw into another bowl. Steve then walked in with one of those big pitchers, and asked if that would work, Clint responded that it would be fine. It was clear that they haven't noticed us yet.

"What is going on?" I inquired.

"Dam Bells. Don't sneak up on us like that!" Uncle Tony exclaimed while holding a hand to his heart.

"We are fixing hotdogs for lunch. Steve clean that pitcher out, so we can put your tea in it. Tony, how are the hotdogs looking?" Natasha replied.

"I don't know. Bella, how do they look?" Uncle Tony asked me.

When I looked into the pot, I saw at least five dozen hotdog wieners. They cannot be cooked this way!

"Steve, can you go clean the grill please?" I asked.

"Sure. Where is it?" Steve replied.

"Dad, can you show Steve where the grill is?" I inquired.

Charlie nodded and motioned for Steve to follow him. I went o one of the cabinets and grabbed a few plates to put the wieners on.

"Uncle Tony, you cannot boil that many hotdogs at once. Now help me put them on these plates. How many are there anyway?" I said.

"About seven dozen." Uncle Tony replied.

"OK. It will take me a little bit to grill them. Did Sam and the guys go back to Emily's?" I asked.

"I don't know where they went," Natasha answered.

I sent a text to Sam to tell him that I was at the house and to let me know when I was going to meet with the council. As I did that, I walked outside to see that Steve and Charlie have cleaned the grill. Also, they have started it for me. I quickly put twenty-four wieners on. Then my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hello Bella." a voice stated.

"Who is this?" I questioned.

"You know who I am. I am the one who killed your mother and stepfather."

"Victoria."

"Well done Bella. Now listen carefully, you will come to the meadow alone at noon tomorrow. Or else." With that, she hung up.

"Bella are you alright?" Steve asked.

"Who was that?" Charlie inquired,

"I will be fine. Steve, can you finish the hotdogs? I need to make a few phone calls."

Revised 4/17/20