Chapter 26

~Steve's POV~

Bella fell asleep on the plane. When we landed, I gently picked her up and carried her to her room. As soon as I placed her on her bed, I heard her whimper. She started crying and I knew she was having a nightmare. I called out to her, trying to wake her up. She bolted upright, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It was the same one. There's not much to talk about," she whispered.

Tony then came into the room. They shared a look, and I knew this wasn't any of my business.

"No, you can stay," Bella said quietly.

"Was it the same one?" Tony asked.

"Yeah. What if it actually happens, Uncle Tony?" she cried.

"It won't. We will protect you," Tony reassured her.

"But it already has happened," She pointed out.

My heart stopped. Is she thinking about her being kidnapped by the Cullens? She is right though, we failed to protect her, but we did avenger her.

"You weren't hurt though. They didn't touch you, did they?" Tony questioned.

"I wasn't hurt physically. What the Cullens did to me was mental torture. I know that if she gets ahold of me, it will be both physical and mental," Bella explained.

"Who is she? How do you know what this she will do?" I inquired.

"Her name is Victoria. The Cullens killed her mate after he hunted me. She wants me for revenge," she admitted.

"Is she a vampire?" I asked. Both of them nodded.

"Is that what your nightmare was about? This Victoria torturing you?"

"Yes. She would bite me and then inject me with her venom, only to suck it back out. I've felt that fire only once. It was like no pain I've ever felt before. I was being burned alive from the inside out. I'm just happy that I wasn't turned into a vampire."

I held her as she started crying some more. I couldn't believe that she had to go through this. I hope she understands that we will be there for her, and help her with anything. I felt her pull away and watched as she walked to her bathroom.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"She's strong. She's also not alone."

"Let's give her some space."

With that, we walked out and headed to our own quarters.

~Bella's POV~

I hear them leave my room, and I break down again in the shower. My thoughts are everywhere. What if she finds me and hurts my new family? What if she kidnaps me and tortures me? What if she kills my family and lets me live to deal with that loss? I can't handle losing another family, or anyone else. My breathing picks up and all I can see is her hurting someone I love. I faintly hear my name being called. The voice sounded familiar. I tried to focus on that voice then I realized that it was Steve.

"BELLA!" Steve shouted.

"Sh-She is here," I whispered.

"No, she's not. It is just you and me. I need you to breathe okay. Breathe in, breathe out," he instructed.

I tried I really did, but I couldn't shake the feeling of pure fear. I felt Steve grab my hand and put it over his heart.

"Can you name five things that you can see?"

"Victoria."

"Victoria is not here. Look harder, you can do it," he reassured.

"You," Steve nodded.

"The door."

"The towel."

"My toothbrush."

"The tile floor," I finished.

"Great. Now, four things you can hear," Steve responded.

"Running water."

"My voice."

"Your breathing."

"Cars."

"You are doing so good. Three things you can feel," he asked.

"Your shirt."

"The floor."

"Cold air."

"Keep going, two things you can smell," Steve encouraged.

"My peach soap."

"You."

"One more, one thing you can taste," he wrapped his arms around me.

"Tears."

I could tell that I calmed down after that. My breathing wasn't erratic, and I could see everything clearly. I buried myself in Steve's arms. I then realize that I am naked in front of my boyfriend. I grabbed that towel and wrapped myself up.

"I can't believe that the first time you see me naked is when I'm having a panic attack," I tried to joke.

Steve seemed to ignore my comment because he asked, "You were thinking of her hurting us, weren't you?"

"Yeah. After I put my clothes on, can you stay with me?" I spoke softly.

"Of course."

Revised 4/17/20