Chapter 29

~Steve's POV~

I had just taken Bella to her bed and made it to my room when Fury called saying that Clint, Natasha, and I had a mission. I quickly grabbed my mission bag and wrote a note for Bella. I didn't want to leave Bella, not when she was still injured. I could tell that Clint and Natasha didn't want to leave her either. But I knew that I had to put my worries about Bella on the back burner and focus on the mission.

~Bella's POV~

I woke up to see a note on the pillow next to me. It was from Steve saying that he had to leave for a mission. I made a move of heading for my bathroom but quickly realized that my wheelchair wasn't in my room. I asked J.A.R.V.I.S. to send Pepper down if she was available, then if she wasn't to get Tony. Both Tony and Pepper walked in a minute later. Pepper helped me into the shower, while Tony grabbed my wheelchair from the mini living room on my floor. Once done with my shower, Tony held me up while Pepper put on a pair of sweatpants for me. I thanked them both and we all headed up to the kitchen.

Bruce was already sitting there with a cup of tea and a half-eaten plate of eggs. Tony fixed me a bowl of Special K, and Pepper fixed some coffee for all of us. I looked at my phone to see a text from Steve.

'Hope you have a good day! Please take it easy, so you can heal faster.' I saw that it was sent barely a minute ago, so I sent a reply.

'I will. Please be safe! This goes for Clint and Natasha as well.' it was left on read.

I don't know how everyone handles each other being gone. Maybe they're used to it, but I sure as hell wasn't. I was worried about them. Steve and I just started to get to know each other, and I really want him to come home.

Revised 4/17/20