Chapter 15

I just got off the phone with Sam. I explained what Natasha wanted and has said. I started to think we should tell the Avengers more about the wolves. Sam didn't agree with me, but I asked if we could talk to the council about this. That is where I'm heading. When I got there, Billy asked me why I thought we should tell the Avengers. I went on and on about how they could be allies.

"Bella, you make a good point. My concern is, how would we know for sure that they won't expose us or come after us?" Billy expressed.

"I understand that, but I firmly believe that they won't. I will not say anything to them about the wolves, without your permission." I responded.

"Tell them."

"I'm sorry. What?!" Sam exclaimed.

"Bella is right. They can be useful allies. I trust Bella and her judgment. If she thinks that they can help and that they won't expose us, then I trust her." Bill explained.

"Thank you, Billy," I stated.

He nodded and Sam had no choice but to accept the Council's decision.

"Sam, I know you don't trust them. But they are not bad at all, they just worry about me even though they have only known me for a week." I tried to reason.

"I know, you are right. But after what happened in the clearing, I just want to be careful." Sam sighed.

"The night you told me the Cullens were back, I just finished explained to them that you guys have done nothing but help me and others. They are willing to meet you guys and apologize."

Sam and I fell into a comfortable silence after that. I drove home and he went to the packhouse. I saw that everyone was there. I was thankful that I only needed to explain this once. I walked into the house and headed straight for the kitchen. I saw Steve sitting at the table reading.

"Hey, Steve. Can I call a meeting?" I asked.

"I don't see why not. Is there something you need to tell us?" Steve replied.

"Yes, there is," I stated.

"FAMILY MEETING IN THE KITCHEN!" Steve yelled.

A few minutes later everyone was clambering into the kitchen. Once everyone was seated, I took a deep breath and started.

"The wolves have agreed to reveal themselves to you guys, but you can't reveal them to anybody. Not friends, family, and especially not S.H.I.E.L.D. Does everyone understand?" I started. Once I received nods from everyone I continued, "The wolves are humans who shapeshift into wolves. They are known among their people as protectors. They kill vampires. There is a group of vampires back in town, and the wolves are taking every precaution to protect me. That is why they have chosen to reveal themselves, to help protect me. I have been permitted by the council to reveal the wolves to you guys."

"Who are they?" Clint asked.

"You know my friends that we were hanging out at the beach with?" I questioned.

"No way! The wolves are teenagers!" Uncle Tony yelled.

"Not all of them, and they don't age," I explained.

"You said earlier that there was a threat towards you. Who is this threat?" Steve asked with clear worry in his voice. How can he be that worried about me?

"You guys already know a bit about them. The Cullens are back. I don't know why, but we need to meet with the pack before they come after me." I replied.

Before they could ask more questions, I stood up and went back to the car. I told them to hurry up, and that we were going to the packhouse. I didn't want to take any chances. The closer I got to the house, the safer I felt. The Cullens couldn't go past the borders without breaking the treaty or getting mauled by the pack.

When we arrived at the packhouse, Emily ran out and hugged me. She ushered me inside, and the team followed in curiosity. Once inside, I noticed that a few of the guys were in their wolf forms and some of the others were in human form.

"Bella, are you alright?" Paul asked. I know Paul is being sensitive for once, He and I are pretty close.

"Honestly Paul, I don't know. It hasn't been two weeks since they left me in the woods." I confessed.

The guys who were human pulled me into a group hug, and the wolves nuzzled against my legs. I told them that they can phase back if they wanted to, and they all did. Once everyone was in the living room, the Avengers were on the couch and love seat, and the wolves were on the floor. Sam started to tell the Avengers about their history and some things about being a wolf. I was curled up on the floor with Jake and Paul. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

Revised 4/17/20