II

Aveley groaned as the sunlight shown against her face, ruining her sleep. She half heartedly woke up and dressed out of her nightgown, which was nothing more than an oversized shirt.

Once she was satisfied with how she looked, she made her way to deck, grabbing an apple from the kitchen as she passed by.

"Morning" Edmund smirked "Haven't been acting like a queen lately, have we?"

Avelyn shoved him playfully, realising he'd quoted himself from years ago, well sort of.

More like Narnian years ago.

Edmund took a swig of his drink from a glass as he proceeded to put his arm around Avelyn, only for her to swat it away making the boy frown.

"Why are you so sweaty?" Avelyn asked, intertwining their fingers instead.

"Caspian and Edmund thought it'd be fun to duel" Lucy informed "I honestly don't see how that's any fun"

"And who won?"

"It was a draw" Edmund shrugged.

"A draw? Honestly?" Avelyn arched an eyebrow "you probably went easy on him"

All Edmund responded with was a wink.

Avelyn was right. She wasn't just saying those things because she was head-over-heels in love with him but because Edmund was in fact the best swordsman in Narnia. He'd never lost a single fight or duel so it was quiet clear that he let the match even out.

Their little chat was interrupted by some annoyed grumbling. And it was no surprise to see that is was Eustace who was the one in a bad mood.

"Hello" Avelyn greeted sweetly "are you feeling better?"

"Yes, no thanks to you" he snapped, making Avelyn roll her eyes.

So much for trying to be nice.

"Just wait till we get back" he glared at them "I'm going to have you all arrested for kidnapping- oof"

He looked up toward the person he'd bumped into and shut his mouth when he saw Caspian.

"That's funny" Caspian chuckled "kidnapping is it? I thought we'd saved your life"

"You gave me one of the most unhygienic quarters," he raised his voice "like a zoo down there"

"He's quiet a complainer isn't he?" Avelyn whispered to Ed.

"He's just warming up" the boy lamely stated as he took another sip from the cup, Eustace bantering in the back.

"You know," The young boy went on "mother says I have an acute disposition due to my intelligence"

This caused Edmund to choke on his drink as he tried to hold back his laughter.

"Anyway," Eustace raised his voice again "you all are going to take me back to England"

"No we aren't" Avelyn flatly said "oh but by all means, feel free to jump off and swim your way there. We'd be more than happy to send a basket of food along with you"

"Avelyn" Caspian silenced her while trying to hide the smile creeping to his face.

The girl only shrugged, not guilty at all for her bluntness.

"Land Ho!"

"Oh" Eustace turned toward hus right "land? Is it Engl-"

"No Eustace" Avelyn snapped "it isn't your precious England although it would be such a joy if it was. We'd drop you off and get rid of you once and for all"

"Well then, how sad for the both of us" Eustace sassed "I was hoping to get away from you just as much"

"How do you put up with this?" Avelyn asked Ed.

"I don't" Edmund simply stated "I just pretend he isn't there"

"Come along now" Caspian interrupted "we're readying the boats"

Hey ya! Sorry the chapter is short, this is just a filler. But yep, you're girl's back. I'm going to be a bit regular with updates, now that I'm done with finals and I have a few days break.

Thanks for all the support,

All love,
Renée.