III

Edmund was doing his best to keep his fists to himself and not in Eustace's face.

His cousin annoyed him by simply existing now that he was here complaining about every single thing and throwing unwanted remarks at Avelyn and Reep, it just made him even more mad.

"Can I hit him already?" Edmund mumbled to Lucy "or should I let Avelyn do it?"

"You two can hit on each other" Lucy rolled her eyes, slight proud of her sassy remark "please don't get violent with him"

Edmund sighed in annoyance, Eustace's voice ringing in the backround like a broken radio, going on and on without any sign of stopping, and just like any old stereo, would only turn off if it was hit hard.

"Are you sure you're related by blood?" Avelyn asked Edmund, not at all caring if their cousin could hear them or not.

"Believe me" Ed looked at her "that question keeps me up at night"

After 15 minutes of walking, they reached an old building that sort of resembled a chapel.

Eustace went over to an old broken house and jogged back, looking a bit anxious.

"Yea looks like no one's in here" he spoke really fast "do you the we should head back?"

It was quite clear that he was scared.

"Do you want to come here and guard" Edmund looked around awkwardly "something?"

There wasn't really anything to guard but Eustace agreed since he wasn't too keen on entering that building and it was obvious.

"Ah yes" he ran over to the entrance "good idea cousin, very logical"

Avelyn rolled her eyes, clearly noticing the boy's voice crack indicating that he was scared. The girl pulled out her dagger from her boot and handed it to Eustace.

"I've got it, I've got it" Eustace tried to assure them "don't worry"

"I wouldn't trust him with a butter knife" Edmund mumbled to Avelyn as he walked into the building with the others.

"The poor kid's scared" Avelyn whispered back.

"Look" Lucy called out from the front.
She stood besides a table with an open book on her hand "What do you think this is?"

Caspian went over to examine the book too, Edmund and Avelyn following.

The book had a list of names. Each name was either crossed with a red line, black line or was just left as it is.

"Could this be some sort of fee?" Avelyn asked.

"No," Caspian muttered, his eyes widening slightly "slave traders"

Lucy quickly put the book down, ready to leave but before any of them could turn, a bunch of people swung down from ropes, a deafening sound of perhaps a church bell rang in the back.

Avelyn barely had time to draw out her sword before one of the men caught her and threw her down, pinning her arms behind her back.

"Let go!" Avelyn yelled as she kicked the man, making his grip on her hands loosen. The girl yanked her wrists free before getting up and pulling out her sword from its sheath, kicking the man off his feet "don't you know how to treat women? I'm sure your mum is proud"

"Avelyn!" Lucy snapped "now is not the time to be cocky"

Avelyn pushed another man out of the way and stood before him, blocking his path to Lucy.

"It's always a time to be cocky" Avelyn spoke back as her sword clashed against the man's "I think the sea sickness is getting to you. You love it when I'm like this. I mean I'm-"

"Avelyn!"

"Alrigh, I'll shut up" Avelyn slashed her sword against a man's shoulder "Sorry. If I'm not cocky, I'm deadly"

Before Avelyn could make another snarky remark in the midst of this chaos, a loud, high pitched screech halted the fight.

"I didn't know Edmund screamed like a girl" Avelyn commented, oblivious to what was happening.

Caspian rolled his eyes at her.

And she's a queen of Narnia he thought.

When Avelyn finally turned around, she saw that it was Eustace who yelled. He was now held by a man, with his own dagger at his neck.

"Now unless you want to hear him screening like a girl" the same man spoke "drop your weapons and-"

"First of all" Avelyn snapped "that's my dagger! So you drop that"

"that's what you're concerned about?" Eustace gasped.

"You idiot" Avelyn spat back, all the men looking at her in confusion "if he drops the dagger, you don't have to worry about your neck being slit open"

"Throw down your weapons" the man barked, ignoring Avelyn childish request "now!"

Everyone threw their swords down in anger.

"The girls and this boy go to the market" the man ordered "these two young men go to the dungeons"

"Wait no" Lucy tried to break free.

"you fools!" Caspian spoke "I am your king"

This resulted in Edmund getting slapped.

"You're going to pay for that" Ed snapped, trying to free himself from the men's grasp

"No" the same creepy man spoke "someone else is going to pay for all of you"

The royals thrashed and tried to pry themselves free, yelling each others names as they got separated, unsure of what was going to happen.

"Wait," another man spoke, as he emerged from the shadows. He had a good built and a mischievous smirk dancing on his lips. His gaze locked with Avelyn's "this one, she stays in my chambers"

"No!" Avelyn and Ed yelled at the same time, knowing what his motives were.

"You can't-" the man with Eustace tried to reason with him but was cut off by a quick 'shut up'.

Edmund watched helplessly as his Avelyn was dragged away from him. He tried to reach out to her, to free himself from the men and go after her but he couldn't.

All he heard were Avelyn's screams and pleas echoing through the walls before they became distant sounds and eventually faded into silence.

.....

Look who decide to finally update

*nervous laughter*

I'm sorry, I was having writer's block and then college started and I sorta forgot to post the chapter.

At this point, I'll be honest, my ideas for the story aren't as great so if you have any ideas/suggestions, please dm me either here on wattpad or on instagram (reneetrinidade) since I use that more than this.

Thanks, all love,
Renée.