IX

Avelyn closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She tucked a loose lock of hair behind her ear and inched closer to the book.

She flipped the page, not wanting to go through whatever it was she just saw.

She'd only flipped a few pages when she came across another spell that caught her eye:

"A spell to make things bend to your will"

"Hmm.." The girl hummed "that seems like a good one"

A spell like that could prevent any sort of failure or setback. It could make things dance to her command and she wouldn't have to risk anything nor would she have to worry about failing in any situation.

Skimming her eyes over the words, she looked around before slowly and neatly ripping the page clean from the book.

The moment the last bit of paper unhinged from the book, a strong gust of wind blew followed by a roar.

A sound Avelyn knew far too well.

"Aslan?" The girl called out loudly.

No response.

Folding the paper twice, she shoved it into her pocket and decided to finish off what she actually was here for.

She turned the pages a bit faster, still making sure to glance at all the names of the spells. Sighing with content and muttering a soft 'finally', Avelyn smoothed out the page with her palm before reading the title aloud.

"A spell to make the unseen, seen"

•°.*○_•°☆.▪♢°•*-☆_°.○*°.

"Why did you just leave in the middle of the night" Lucy scolded Avelyn as they both, along with Drinian, Benjamin and Eustace walked the halls of the huge mansion.

"I'm fine, no harm done" Avelyn shrugged to which Lucy scoffed.

As soon as the spell was broken, Avelyn found out that she wasn't the only one in the library after all.

Coriakin, the magician and the owner of this mansion, was a bit startled at first when he saw the girl.

Or more like when he realised she could see him.

That aside, he was rather friendly.

Or maybe he was just being courteous, Avelyn thought. She'd obviously introduced herself as Queen Avelyn. Who in the right mind would be rude to royalty.

"Ah," he'd nodded with a smile "High Queen Avelyn, the queen of the Heavens. Yes, I know who you are. I'm familiar with the tales of Narnia"

He'd been kind enough to escort her to the door from where she'd head back to the others.

Much to her surprise, or not, the others were already at the front of the huge house.

And so here they were, all huddled up in the library.

Drinian had told the magician about the supposed green mist and how they were all sailing to find it.

Coriakin patiently heard every word, not interrupting him at all. Once the first mate was finished, Coriakin reached behind him and pulled out a big roll of paper.

With one swift motion, he uncurled the paper, making it lay flat on the floor to reveal a beautiful map which had Narnian drawings which moved along the edge.

Avelyn swore she heard Eustace mumble 'it's quite beautiful' under his breath but decided not to react.

The magician stepped on the map, making different locations appear according to his will.

"The mist you seek, is a strange dark magical force. Fighting it won't be easy" he speaks calmly "it takes your darkest fears and uses it against you. It tempts you,  manipulates you, gives you a false insight on you're deepest desires"

"How do we stop it?" Benjamin asked

"To defeat the darkness out there, you must defeat the darkness inside you" he turned to Avelyn, pointing at something to her right "that sword you carry, there are six others"

"The six Lords?" Drinian asked "do you know where they are?"

"Yes," Coriakin said, the map changed beneath his feet "they're headed where I sent them, to the island of Ramandoo"

"How to we get there?" Lucy asked, trying to sound stern.

"To get there, you must follow this blue star" as if on cue, a bright orb which glowed with blue light appeared above the map "you must lay down all six swords at Aslan's table on the island"

"That sounds easy" Benjamin shrugged "get the swords, and place them on the table"

"I'm afraid it's not" Coriakin said seriously "until you lay down the sixth sword, evil has the upper hand. It will do everything in its power to tempt you and lead you astray. Be strong"

Avelyn exchanged glances with Lucy and Benjamin. She knew that this was her last chance at getting Caspian and Ed back. Her last and only hope.

He slipped her hand into her pocket to feel the paper she'd shoved in earlier. She clutched it gently in her palm.

This time, she wouldn't fail. She'd make sure of that.