XXI

Trigger warning: mention of s*xual assult. Please skip this chapter if it makes you uncomfortable. I'll post a brief summary of this chapter in the next update excluding everything related to said sensitive topic.

Avelyn stood frozen, gingerly touching her lips which were held in Collin's only moments ago.

"Are you going to say something or are do I have to kiss you again to get a reaction out of you?"

Avelyn only shifted her gaze from her feet back to meet the boy's dark eyes.

He looked the same as he did when he was in school with her, only this time his pale skin had a slight tint of green while his dark long bangs reached a tiny bit past his eyebrows. His lip now had a cut but the blood was black instead of red and he still wore that annoying smirk which made Avelyn angry for no apparent reason.

The only difference was he was a bit taller and had bags under his eyes.

Finally snapping back to reality, she drew out her sword hastily only to hear laughter escape from Collin.

"What are you going to do with that?" He inched closer, licking his lips "kill a dead man?"

Avelyn narrowed her eyes suspiciously, he sure didn't look dead.

The boy sighed as he walked toward her, taking long confident strides while he rolled his eyes.

He quickly bent down at her feet and pulled the dagger from her boot.

Avelyn didn't know why she couldn't move.

Run! Scream!

She could barely form a sentence, the past memories flooding back:

Agramon in the western wood.

Collin at school.

The way he'd pushed her against the wall,

She shuddered as she recalled his hand snaking up her skirt while the other clasped around her neck.

She could practically feel his hand squeeze her thigh from that night, his teeth grazing against her neck, his knee pushing itself between her legs forcefully.

She blinked hard, refusing to cry in front of him right now,

Right now,

The way he grabbed her,

And roughly pulled her against him, forcefully kissing her.

She could feel her ribs aching from the contact that had few moments ago.

She couldn't bare to look at him, but she was afraid to take her eyes off of him. She was afraid that she couldn't move or run.

The boy stepped back a bit and slit his palm with her dagger, letting his tar black blood drip down.

Avelyn was distracted by this for a bit. She stared at him in confusion, fear.

All the memories she'd managed to push away and shut out came flooding back and she felt so alone and lost.

"You see?" Collin said, ignoring the fact that Avelyn was trembling "it's not red. Convinced that I'm dead? Or is there anything else you'd have me-"

"S-shut up" Avelyn muttered weakly, her grip on the sword tightening making her knuckles turn white "shut up shut up!"

"Are you scared, Avelyn?" The boy threw her dagger on the ground and looked her up and down, like a wild animal toying with its prey "have I finally managed to break you?"

"Stop it!"

Collin laughed, tilting his head back. He looked at his palm and lazily wiped it against his sage shirt which was already dirty enough.

"You need the last sword" he stated simply "I can help"

Avelyn didn't say anything. She couldn't. She scolded at herself in her mind.

Stop it! Stop shivering. Stop thinking about it. Stop!

"You have to earn it, by doing a simple um, ritual" He went on "oh don't worry its simple, it involves a bit of fire, incantation and blood"

He paused to look at her before continuing.

"Of course by blood I hope you know I don't mean a few drops, I mean all of it" he smirked as he sat down on a rock toward Avelyn's right "I would help of course, but since I'm not alive I haven't got any blood to offer. Unless.."

He trailed off, waiting for a reaction.

"G-go on" Avelyn managed to speak.

"You help resurrect me of course"

Avelyn's heart skipped a beat.

"Absolutely not" she snapped, unsure how she managed to speak without stuttering "bring you back so that you can try to fuck me again?"

Collin raised a brow "oh, not scared of me anymore? I'm impressed"

Avelyn was about to lash out again but Collin held up a finger and spoke before she could say anything.

"Well let me clarify something love, you're just resurrecting me so that I can die again" he pushed back his hair "once I'm back to life, I'll spill all of my blood to save this pathetic Kingdom of yours"

"Why come back to life just to die?" Avelyn raised a brow.

"Hoping this will buy me a way into Aslan's country" he shrugged

"Why do u want to get in so bad-"

"That's none of your concern" he spat making the girl flinch "I've left the choice to you. You either take the offer or you all die, taking the entire Kingdom down with you"

Avelyn looked around, hoping someone would emerge from the fog to help her.

No one came.

"I'm giving you a chance to fix the mess you've created" Collin spoke coldly "haven't you messed up enough? Do the right thing for once"

Avelyn didn't know what to do. If she refused they'd die. If he came back to life and didn't help, they'd die.

You can kill him once he's mortal if he refuses to help

Avelyn wasn't sure if that was her own mind speaking or if it was the mist playing with her.

Either way, that was a valid point. She'd killed him when he was a demon, killing him as a helpless, unarmed teenager was a piece of cake.

She looked toward the fog once again. Seeing that no one was going to come to her aid she turned back to Collin.

"Okay" Avelyn took a deep breath "what do we have to do"

Okay, things are going to get pretty um, interesting? from here. I updated 'journal' which as I said is just like a spam for this book. I've just posted aesthetics for Avelyn and Edmund from book 1 for now. I'll post unpublished chapters once I finish this book. I'll be posting more aesthetics until I get to the chapters in that book so um.. have a look at them for me? I love you guysss

-Renée