26. Nothing feels better than this.

** long chapter **

The following week was going just, weird. Joe still felt bad about him rejecting Ben but he never expected to wake up with a letter on his desk.

' I'm not going to give up. '

- B 

He felt like he was going way back because of the way his heart skipped a beat. ' Oh no, no, no, no. ' Joe said to himself crumbling up the paper and throwing it away before walking to his kitchen to eat. 

Something was weird? Joe had his whole week full of surprises. He would see that his friend indeed did his very best to get attention from him. It was killing Joe since he never thought his friend could get THIS clingy. There was a day that Ben would just only follow Joe around and Joe hated the way Gwil and Lucy would laugh at him being irritated rather than helping him out.

" WHAT Ben. " Joe asked turning around. " I love you. " He said and Joe hated how his heart started beating like crazy. " Awh. " Lucy said shutting up when Joe looked at her as if he could kill her. " That's- That's okay but- " Joe said stuttering and he thanked god when the bell rang giving him the right to leave Ben even tho it might be wrong of him. " Oh gotta go math begins! " Joe said walking away happily. "Did he forgot you two are in the same class? " Lucy asked and Ben just sighed while walking after him. 

Joe felt stupid that he thought he was alone. " Joe are you mad at me? " Ben asked being too close for Joe to breathe comfortably. " No, " He began placing his finger on Ben's forehead pushing him away. " Are you a little bit mad, " Joe knew Ben too long to know he wasn't done with that sentence. " Madly inlove with me? " Ben asked smiling at the boy who just threw his head back in annoyance. 

" Mazzello, back to work. " The teacher said pointing down at his textbook. " Gladly. " Joe responded going back to writing formulas only to get distracted when he saw Ben drawing something on his textbook. Joe looked at the blonde who was only smiling. " Read it. " He said pointing down at it. Joe sighed as he tilted his head. 

' I really like you. ' 

Joe swallowed as he read it. Not even because it was new to him since Ben had been saying it for the past two days now. It was because Ben also scribbled this heart. Joe cleared his throat looking down. " I know. " Joe said getting red as a tomato. How did it even become like this? 

-

Ben tried many things to be with Joe and everytime Ben just said he loved him without feeling embarrassed he couldn't stop to regret it more that he ever turned the boy down. 

" Yes Ben? " Joe asked after a while feeling the boy staring at him for the past 5 minutes. Lucy, Rami and Gwil were not even hiding the fact that they enjoyed this. " Nothing. " Ben said brushing off, Joe found it weird that the last few days he only saw Ben smiling. Was he doing that to him? Joe shook his head trying to brush that thought off. He's just playing with you Joe, get a grip. " Is there something you need? " Joe asked again when Ben leaned on his hand looking at his friend. " Just your love. " Ben said shamelessly making Rami snort. " O-oh. " Joe stuttered.

And so this all continued for a whole week, just Ben chasing him around trying to get a reaction out of his friend. But still the reactions he got were nothing but just short rejections. Joe would lie if he said that he didn't sometimes think about the times they both had with each other. Such as the party where Ben was clearly upset about Joe getting kissed by someone else. Or when Ben chased him around the house because they were being childish again. Or just way back before all of that, before they started with, all of this. When Gwil would get mad at them both for fighting again about the smallest things or when they had the craziest ideas together that no one would ever come up with. The conversations they sometimes had, the first kiss and the last one.