Rescuing Alex/Something bad happens.

Before I ran into the portal I hear Lisa shouting.
'Sadie! Wait!' She shouted calmly.
'Aideen help us!' Lisa continued.
But now I'm here... in the cold, dark, gloomy area of Pandoria! Elizabeth is standing right next to me.
In the distance, we can see Alex and Darko, they're trying to kill eachother by casting magical, powerful and dark spells at eachother.
'We took down Mr Sands... You think we can't handle a wannabe wizard like you?' Alex shouted at Darko, trying to tackle him down to the ground.
'Mr Sands is a relic. I am Dark Core's future!' Darko replied.
'And besides, Little Alex, Without your soul Horse, you're just an angry girl from the streets!' He continued, lifting his wand up to Alex's heart.
Darko casts a spell at Alex, making her fall to the ground.
'You are nothing but Alex Cloudmill. Unhinged. Untrustworthy.' Darko cackled, making Elizabeth run over to them.
'Huh?' Darko looks at Elizabeth.
'You're wrong Darko! Alex is the brightest Soul I've ever known!' Elizabeth says brightly.
'And by Aideen, I swear you won't touch a hair on her head!' She continues.
'Elizabeth Sunbeam! The last vestige of a failed sisterhood! You really do care about this trash! Don't you? Then taking her out will be that much more satisfying!' Darko cackles.
Elizabeth casts a spell at Darko before it's too late. He falls to the ground as well.
Elizabeth lends Alex her hand... before anything, Elizabeth froze.
Alex sat there in shock. What just happened.
'Wh-' Alex whimpered
'Elizabeth... I...' Alex continued.
'There is so much I never got to tell you, Alex!' Elizabeth said.
'No! No! NO!' Alex shouted and cried.
'I'm so proud of you!' Elizabeth whispered.
'NOOOOOOO!' Alex cried.
And with that, Elizabeth blew to smithereens, knocking Darko into the air as well.
I stood there in shock... did that just happen? Did Elizabeth just BLOW UP? Did Elizabeth just DIE?