Travelling back to Madison

Of course, it takes 12 hours to get back to MistFall... of course Ashley, Alonzo and I have to stop along the way to take some rest... but we'll be there with Madison soon. I don't want Maddy to leave MistFall... She's safe there... hopefully.
SpiritGuardian neighs softly as we all gallop away to MistFall.

'Are you sure MistFall is safe, Sadie?' Ashley asks, 'I don't want you getting hurt.'
'I'm sure MistFall is safe. Nothing has happened there, yet.' I reply, focusing on the trail ahead of me.
'Yet, Sadie. Nothing has happened yet. You don't know what will happen in the next few days though.'
'Yeah... but...'

I stop talking as soon as SpiritGuardian comes to a halt. I look to see what's happening. Shoot... it's a dark rider!

'Guys... stay there.' I panic as I climb down from Spirit. I take out my Soul Rider wand and cast a spell with it to knock out the enemy. Nothing happens.
'No strength, Sadie. You have no strength. Go away before I knock you out!' The dark rider sneers cheerfully.
'No... I'm not going without a fair fight.' I explain. I look at Alonzo and Ashley, signalling them to go back to MistFall. They ride off without any hesitation. I just need the Soul Riders now.

'Say bye-bye, Sadie.' The dark rider continues as he shouts some dark words. Everything goes black. Am I dead?... Will I get to defeat Garnok? Will I get to say goodbye to my boyfriend... or my brother.... or Madison... or my best friends?

'Noooooo! Sadie!' A familiar voice speaks... Is that Alex?