HAPPY (WenV)

From: redvelvetfantasies (Tumblr)

Expectations: Angsty but not really, slight Markdy, short, bittersweet

Based on the 2ne1 song of the same name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungwan looked over at the happy couple a couple of feet away from her with a broad line on her lips to create dimples in her cheeks. She didn’t think wrongly of the couple! In fact, they were both of her closest friends! It’s just…

You know that awkward moment when your ex-boyfriend breaks up with you and not even a month later hooks up with one of your friends?…Yeah.

Kim Taehyung had the nerve to go ahead and ask out Joohyun, one of Seungwan’s older friends.

When she first found out about it, she was surprised and felt a little bit betrayed…Maybe that’s why Seulgi, Sooyoung and Yeri were working so hard to make sure she didn’t found out. Why did Joohyun agree? Because she wasn’t at school during the months she and Taehyung dated, she was off in China as a foreign exchange student then came back to Korea. Yeri was going to tell Joohyun about Taehyung until Seungwan stopped her and said that ‘it’s probably better off, I don’t want Taehyung to be unhappy because of me…’. Actually, if Joohyun knew she would immediately break up with him! That’s why Seungwan didn’t tell. This got her thinking…Was she really that bad of a girlfriend? Was she truly destined to be alone at the point? Hell, she still didn’t even understand on how this all turned out, she thought she was a wonderful girlfriend! She would always wait for Taehyung no matter what, give him meaningful gifts, bake him his favorite treats, and always said ‘I love you’ to him…That was until one day, he said those words:

“Seungwan…We should see other people.”

“H-Huh? Why?”

“It’s just…It’s not you, I’m just…Unhappy with our relationship…”

When Taehyung said that, it was like a punch in the face. What did she do wrong?! No, she didn’t scream in his face and cry like most girls would do…In fact, she forced a smile and understood. Ever since that night, she started to rethink her entire relationship with him…Was she too obsessive? Overprotective? Overbearing? Annoying? It was eating her alive at this point. Seungwan sipped her milk box with a slightly bitter feeling as she watched Taehyung and Joohyun being all lovey-dovey, she respects Joohyun so much and yet…She just wanted to lowkey push her down the stairs…Maybe it was better to do that to Taehyung. Now that she thought about she, two weeks before the breakup…He was very distant with her…Wow, she was dumb at noticing. Maybe Taehyung just didn’t want to hurt her and was trying to work up something to tell the truth, wow…She must of been baggage on him.

Okay, she won’t tell a lie…She was taking out her frustrations on ice cream, pizza, and drama for a good couple of weeks. All of the tears she spilled could of filled up the ice cream tub and she could keep tropical fish in it, let’s also mention that she was a hot mess during those times. She wasn’t hanging out with anyone for weeks and had to fess up since her friends were hounding on her, let’s just say that she had to hold back Hyejin from knocking on his door to beat the ever-loving shit out of him.

“…Was I too much on you, Tae? Sorry…I guess I should of let go of you earlier, then I wouldn’t be where I am…Still kind of moping, but I’m getting better! So…Please be happy with Joohyun-unnie and forget about me, we’re still friends so don’t worry about me!” Seungwan smiled and continued to sip on her milk box, she needed to get over him! This was stupid, what happened to the fully happy and confident Wendy everyone knows?!

Out the fucking window, that’s where…

She really missed him a lot, Taehyung always never failed to make her laugh and smile when she was feeling down, he’d surprise her with cute dates, his comments on how she was beautiful just the way she was and her voice was his favorite thing to here, and she could remember the moments where he would stroke her hair until she fell asleep. Was he…Lying this whole time?-Pff, Seungwan knew Taehyung from the bottom of her heart! He would never do that, he was too innocent and loyal! She was just the one who dragged him down. The red-violet haired female didn’t even notice she finished her carton until she heard the empty sound it makes, she sighed and proceeded to toss it…Only to miss the trashcan. She groaned and rested her head on her hand, she watched Taehyung and Joohyun laugh about something she didn’t hear and she grew a smile on her face again.

“Well…At least you’re happy.”

“Oh, Wendy. What are you doing here?” The red-violet haired female jumped a little bit before turned her head around, there behind her was one of her other friends, Mark. She smiled, “Hi Mark! I’m just enjoying the weather!”

“…It’s grey and cloudy as hell.”

“Ha…Right.” Seungwan cursed under her breath for that stupid fib, the red-brunette blinked in confusion before looking over to see Taehyung and Joohyun just minding their own business, it caused him to gulp a little bit and grip onto the glass bottle of his coffee a bit tightly. Mark snapped out of it and forced himself to look at his friend, “Can I sit with you?”

“Sure!” He took a seat and they had a light conversation, but they both could tell they were distracted. It was ignored until Seungwan decided that she had enough and broke the barrier. “You’ve been…Staring at Tae and Joohyuun-unnie a lot.”

“I was?…Well…You were too.”

“Oh…That’s…” Awkwardness appeared around the two once more and they were having a hard time trying to come up with a reason, the laughing of Taehyung and Joohyun really not helping the situation since they continued looking their way anyways. Seungwan groaned and scratched her head before rethinking the idea in her head and agreeing to go with it, “Mark…What I’m about to tell you is something super secret, you can’t tell anyone.”

“H-Huh? Oh sure…What’s up?”

“So…I used to date Taehyung and we broke up a couple of weeks ago.”

“Oh damn, really?”

“Yeah…You can obviously see where he stands in this, and I on the other hand…Suffer…A lot.” As tempting as it sounded, Seungwan held herself back from spilling out all of the problems she was having to Mark. But even if she did, she knew he would be understanding…He’s always been like that and always had her back in her tough times. The red-brunette gulped and looked over to the couple feet away from them, “…Looks like we’re on the heartbreak boat together.”

“What?”

“Joohyun…I was actually dating her until a couple of months ago…Ah, you just broke up…It gets worse.”

“Oh…” Well, this made it a bit worse. Who knew that their ex’s would hook up and two friends would be left in the dirt moping around? Mark laughed a little before sighing, “Should I consider Taehyung a dick now?”

“No! He’s still my friend! Besides…Their happy relationship shouldn’t have them dragging us around like baggage. Maybe it’s for the best if they just forget about us…” Mark sighed and twisted the lid of his coffee bottle, he took a sip of it and handed the bottle over to the red-violet haired female who also bitterly took a sip. She then smiled at the older male. “Hey, since we’re ‘dumped buddies’…Wanna cry over our failed relationships with ice cream and dramas after school?”

“Yeah…That sounds fun.” Mark slowly smiled, “Let’s pick out ice cream and pizza after school..” With the plan set, the two stood up and walked away from their place at the sad bench. Smiling and started talking about something completely different from the depressing and awkward situation a while ago. Seungwan couldn’t help but peer over her shoulder with a sad smile.

“Taehyung…Do me a favor and be happy and forget me. I’ll just watch you from afar right now…So…Live out your happy ending…And good bye for now.”