YOU'RE WORTH IT

There were a pile of paperwork sitting in front of you and Wendy, placed between the two of you and the girls manager.

“There’s a um, a lot of stuff to go through.” You muttered, picking up the first piece of paper and running your thumb over the words on it.

“But this is it, we get through this pile of paperwork and it’s done. We don’t have to sneak around anymore, we can go on a real date.” Wendy said, reaching over to squeeze your hand gently.

“I’ll take you on our first real date.”
You looked at her, being met with an encouraging smile. You took a deep breath and nodded,

“I’ll look forward to it.” the promise slipping out of your mouth as you began to read through all of the forms.

It had been two weeks since you had decided to go public, and while many people were supportive of your relationship, it was hard not to focus on the not so uncommon comments expressing how much they hated the relationship, how much they hated you. It was hard not to pay attention to it. The whole idea of being in the public eye was never something you had aspired to, and certainly was not something that you were comfortable with, but it was her job and leaving her had never been an option.
Or, at the very least, it hadn’t been an option until now. You had been walking back to your shared apartment on your way home from work. Then, somewhere between the flower shop on fourth and the coffee shop on fifth, a mob of people had found you. A mob of screaming people with flashing cameras and nothing but insults and the occasional ‘caring suggestion’ spewing from their mouths. You could hear Wendy in your head the longer they followed you back to the apartment, Just ignore them. Which was surprisingly more difficult to do than she made it sound, but when you reached your place you were able to squeeze through the crown and get back to your home with no one following you. Finally, there were no lights, or words, or cameras, or people. You sat on the bed, having lost all sense of time, the sun set outside the window, a rainbow of colors sinking down the wall. Somehow, without you noticing, Wendy had come home, and was sitting behind you, her hands snaked around your waist and pulled you against her. You sunk against her, finally deciding on your next words.

“This was a mistake.” Your voice more monotone than you had intended for it to be.

“What is?”

“We shouldn’t have gone public. Hell, we shouldn’t be together now.” You brushed her arms off of you and stood up, you had felt her whole body stiffen against you, and you couldn’t bring yourself to look back at her.

“You know, sometimes people are right, in there opinions of things. Of people. My grandmother was always great at that-”

“Y/N, stop.” Wendy said, her throat scratchy as she forced her words out. She stood up and walked over to where you stood facing the living area. She grabbed your arm and held it tightly as you tried to pull away.

“Explain.”

“Your fans. They only want the best for you.” You faced her finally, still unable to meet her eyes,

“And maybe they’re right, maybe I’m not right for you.”

Wendy shook her head and put both hands on your face lifting her face,

“You’re right for me. I know you’re right. I’ve known you were right since our first date. I know- I know- you’re right.” She spoke softly, her thumb brushing gently across your face.

“Who cares what they think?”

“I do.” You pulled away from her touch, resigning to the idea that it would be easier if she didn’t touch you.

“And you should. They hold your career in their hands, yours and Irene’s and Seulgi’s and Joy’s and Yeri’s. It’s not worth it to throw that away for me, I’m not worth you throwing away something you’ve worked so hard for.”

“Will you please look at me.” Wendy insisted, staring at you and trying her best not to reach out and get you to listen to her.

“You’re worth it. You can’t listen to them, they’re putting ideas in your head. Let me show you they’re wrong.”