3.

(Taehyung's POV)

Two weeks prior...

Saturday night is here. Where most students were buzzing about the parties and clubs they would be attending, I planned to have a night in.

My WiFi was acting up in my dorm, so I was at a local cafe. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I settled for a bottle of water and a scone. It was enough to give me a pass to steal free internet connection for a little. I had an assignment in one of my classes that I needed to finish, and it was stressing me out.

I should have just worked for my dad instead of going to school but of course my ego got in the way. I wanted to do something better and make a name for myself. Now I'm wishing I would have taken the easy route.

I sighed heavily, burying my face into my hands for just a second. This was too much for me to handle, all of this. I just want to say fuck it and leave. That's the best option at this point. I feel alone, isolated from what I'm used to and I'm just...plain scared.

But I had to get this all done. I'm already here, if I stick it out, maybe I'll get through it.

When I uncovered my face to bring my hand back to my laptop mouse, I was startled. A girl was standing before me, causing me to hit my knee on the table from surprise.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you..." She spoke, reaching out to me to make sure I was okay but I put my hand up to indicate that I didn't want her to touch me.

My eyes wandered to the girl, taking a good look at her in between blinks. She must work here since her tiny waist had an apron wrapped around it.

Her eyes were wide, staring at me with worry but I had to ensure her that it was fine.

"It's...it's fine." I muttered, kind of playing it off that I wasn't bothered.

"I...didn't mean to bother you, but I can sense you're stressed. I wanted to know if I could offer you anything else to drink." The girl politely stated, folding her hands together while her ruby red lips formed a very cute smile.

"I...uh....welll....uh...." Suddenly I couldn't even speak, I was that pathetic. What to do in situations like this? I didn't like speaking to strangers when I didn't initiate the conversation first, let alone deny anyone's help when I didn't need it.

"Do you want a coffee?" She asked me.

I shook my head no. "I'm okay. I don't drink coffee. I appreciate the offer, that's very kind of you."

"How about a hot chocolate?" She adds to the offer.

"I promise, I'm okay. Thank you though, miss. You're very thoughtful but I will have to pass." She was pushing for me to take her offer, and for what reason I had no idea why.

"It'll be on the house. I promise, your problems will go away with just one sip." She smiled once more causing me to look down from shyness as I tried to hide my smile. Her gesture was cute, I have to say. So I couldn't say no to her any longer.