44.

(Rose's POV)

"Can I kiss you one last time?" Is the words I hear come from Taehyung's lips. I stare at him wide eyed and doe-like, almost like I was lost in the headlights. His eyes gleam into mine, staring rays of hopefulness directly into my pupils.

Is this something I want to do? I think to myself, my eyes drawing to his lips that are now slightly parted. I stay quiet, my heart thumping so hard in my chest trying to think of an answer for him quick. I'm not sure if this is a good idea for me, but I didn't want to say no to Taehyung to something that might be what he needs to move on.

The first moment I ever felt his lips against mine, was the day we hooked up in the backseat of his car. And the feeling of them ever since gave me that exact emotion: a craving to fall deeper. Which is the only reason why I'm feeling hesitant. I'm nervous if I kiss him, that I may fall into this trap of wanting to stay with him, and I'm trying to move away from this feeling.

But, if there is only thing I could give him...if it's not my forgiveness, it could be this. The boy is sitting in front of me, with the most innocent look in his eyes. He is anxiously awaiting my answer, hoping that it's a yes. I'd hate to say no to him for something so simple. It's not like he's asking for much...a tiny peck on the lips isn't much... I'm probably just overthinking it. I've said so many no's to him as of right now, this could be the least I could do for him. He's not asking for much, right? I can't be that mean to deny him this.

With a giant gulp, I get the urge to look at Taehyung in the eyes. I nod my head calmly, his eyes now widening with surprise while his lips part.

"A-are you sure?" He asks me with shakiness in his tone.

I bat my eyes, while my lips seal a small curl in the corner of them. I nod once more, giving him the okay.

"I don't want to pressure you, Rose."

"It's one last time, right?" I ask him.

He nods his head quickly. "Yeah, one last time. That's all I'm asking."

Once again, I answer his doubts with a simple bob of my head. I watch Taehyung as he shakes his hair out of his sight, his hands that are now nervous and trembling, begin to carefully travel to the sides of my face. I feel the warmness of his palms rest of the base of my jaw, his thumbs stroking my dampened flushed cheeks and he stares into the darkness of my eyes.

He takes his time looking into my eyes, totally soaking in these final intimate moments with me. I could tell from the look that he wanted to make this final kiss count. The look in his eyes tells me how much this kiss means to him, and I could just sense his nervousness but he moves forward with his plan.

When Taehyung's face comes closer to mine, the tip of his nose brushes in an upward motion which causes me to shut my eyes. My heart begins to pound even faster, the moment he exhales the hotness of his breath gently across my lips.

It's going to happen, it's going to happen, and I'm not prepared for this.

The overwhelming sensation of sadness takes a dive into my gut that this is all over. And for some reason, I wanted this kiss just as badly as he wants it.