36.

(Taehyung's POV)

Jungkook and I stayed in the bathroom for a little while longer. To be honest, I'm so happy I have Jungkook. He assured me that all of my worries will go away soon, and after I do figure out if Sunmi is pregnant, everything will be fine. And he also promised me that Rose won't find out.

He left me alone for a minute to wash up. When I looked in the mirror, my eyes were puffy and red from crying. The goal was to not look obvious that I was crying, but oh well. I rinsed my face with cold water before drying it down. Maybe that'll make it look less noticeable.

As much as I wanted to spend time with my friends and my girlfriend, I needed to go home and deal with my problems with a Sunmi head on. I felt horrible. And looking Rose in the face would be difficult.

When I entered the living room, all eyes were on me. And that made my nerves a little worse. I was the worst at pretending that everything was alright. When I got to the sitting area, Rose turned to me. Her eyes were round with concern.

She stands up, her hands sliding to my waist and she stares at me. "Are you okay?" She then places a warm palm on my cheek. "You look upset. What is going on?" Shes so loving, it hurts.

"I'm fine." I put on a fake smile for just a second. "But...to break into the bad news, I have to go back to my dorm now."

"Why? You told me we would get dinner tonight..." Rose pouts, her eyes shining with disappointment and I already knew I fucked up from there. "You promised me..."

I look away. "I know honey, but You know me, poor time management. I forgot that I  have to do some things at school and I completely forgot that I have something due tomorrow. I'll be staying up for quite some time tonight." Could I be any worse of a liar? I was stuttering over my words and everything.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Rose asks.

I peer over her shoulder to Lisa, her eyes trailing to Jungkook's. "Let's give them some space to talk."

They both get up in unison, walking outside of my house and into the backyard. Once the door shuts, Rose continues to question me.

"I can see it in your eyes. You've been crying. You were in the bathroom for quite sometime. Are you positive you're okay? You know you can tell me anything." Rose assures me. I couldn't even look at her. It hurt too much. I couldn't tell her what I was worrying about, because how is that fair to her?

"Rose, I promise that I'm okay. Everything's okay. I'm okay." I smile at her, but she could see through it. I could tell.

"Well, then okay. But if you need to talk about something, please let me know. I'm here for you. We're family, remember?" Rose smiles so innocently, and the love I felt for her turned my stomach into anxious knots. The word family hits me.

"Thank you, Rose, I'm okay. I promise." I tell her. "I need to get going, though as much as I don't want to."

She pouts her bottom lip to protest at me leaving. My hands travel to the side of her face to bring our foreheads together, and I rest mine atop of her's gently. "If I could stay...and never leave...you know that I would. Because it hurts to leave you every time. Every time it gets harder and harder. But I promise, I promise that I'm going to work hard so I can be home with you. And I will never have to leave again. We will be a family officially soon." I felt myself get emotional, tears wanting to steam down my cheeks but I only allowed one to travel. If only she knew how much I meant those words to her...