31.

(Jungkook's POV)

My heart is thumping, I felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at any minute. I'm suddenly having regrets, wishing I wouldn't had opened my mouth.

I'm so close of confessing what I saw to Namjoon, the one person who has the most bitter feelings towards Taehyung.

I could feel Namjoon's eyes on me, his brows knitting forward as he was eagerly waiting to hear my confession.

I don't wanna do this, I really don't. I knew from the beginning that I should have kept this to myself. Confessing could lead into a whole lot of mistakes, but what if I am doing what's right?

Or what if I'm not?

I don't know, FUCK! Why did I put myself in this mess?

"S...s...so..." I roll my shoulders to try and relax myself. I don't know why this is so hard for me to tell him. Maybe because I know how ugly this could get...maybe because I feel like what I'm doing is wrong.

Lisa gently places her hand in my lap in comfort. "Go on," She whispers. "It's okay."

Namjoon leans into the counter. "It's okay, man. If this is something serious that I need to be aware of, I would appreciate if you tell me. You don't have to be nervous around me. I love my sister and I want what's best for her."

"W...we all do. That girl..." I blink, looking down at the granite countertop in front of me. My mind plays memories as if I were watching a silent movie. The moment I saw that bright, perfect smile of hers, I felt my stomach twist into even more knots. That smile is a secret weapon, anyone who sees it could be in danger. "That girl deserves the best. I just want her to be happy, and be with someone that appreciates everything about her, not when they choose to."

"And that's all I want for her too. I completely agree with you." Namjoon says and I form an awkward nervous smile on my lips.

"I don't do this kind of stuff. I try to just mind my business, but this time I didn't. I couldn't. I was told not to say anything, I've been having anxiety about it since I found out, I don't know what to do. I just...you have to promise me you won't say anything that you heard it from me. I...I don't know how this is gonna be possible but I just don't want to be involved because Taehyung himself told me not to say anything." I manage to get eye contact with Namjoon's, his stare showing no signs of worry which made me scared.

"I promise, Jungkook. You can trust me. When have I never had good intentions in anything that I've done?" He asks me, cocking a brow and I bite my lip.

His good intentions can come off very harshly, which worries me. but...maybe since things are different between Rose and her brother, this situation will come out differently.

"You're right, Namjoon. You always have good intentions, you only want what's best for her. And because of this...Lisa and I have come to the conclusion that it's only right that we tell you. That I couldn't do this alone...that..." I exhale, my hands beginning to shake. My heart could win a marathon, that's how fast it was running. I felt like at any moment, I could have an anxiety attack.

I'm going to tell him.
It's going to happen.
The truth is coming out.
I'm telling Namjoon, someone who despises Taehyung with his whole being, that his sister is being cheated on while she's carrying his offspring.
Ugh, why did I get myself involved!?