22.

(Taehyung's POV)

Home is a wonderful thing. I feel so complete here. It's so nice to finally have my life together the way I want it to be.

A cozy, warm, snug home. The TV  played as background noise, sunshine filled the room along with the faint smell of coffee brewing. I have the most beautiful girl in my life who I love with my entire heart.

And in front of me, the most precious gift life has ever given me.

A daughter.

What more could I ask for?

I watch my daughter closely, my hands folded in front of me while she dips her little tiny finger pads into the pink paint. Her tongue sticks out eagerly on the side, her concentration focused completely on the piece of paper in front of her.

She squiggles a couple lines of paint and I hear a giggle escape from her lips as she looks up at me. Her beautiful, big almond shaped eyes look into mine as she smiles and I repeat the behavior.

I pinch her cheek, causing her to giggle more. "You are so talented, love bug." I compliment her.

She reaches for the piece of paper, holding it up in front of her and I look at her work of art in awh. "You really like it, Daddy?" She asks me, her eyes wide and doelike. Her smile disappears.

"I don't like it, I love it."  And with my words, her smile lights up the room once more and I chuckle just a bit before ruffling her hair.

She continues to go back to finger painting, when the front door abruptly opens. Rose appears and her face expressing some sort of anger that was directed at me.

The door slams, startling both me and our daughter. I whisper quietly to our daughter to keep drawing as a distraction.

"What's going on?" I ask Rose slyly, nervous to know her answer. I get out of my seat, bracing myself as I walk closer to her.

"What do you mean what's going on?" She throws her bag against the wall and I flinch. "You know damn well what's going on! How could you do this to me?! To her?! Your daughter!?" Her eyes are red, hot with tears.

"Can we not fight in front of our daughter and talk in private? She doesn't need to hear this..." I try to keep it at a whisper but that upset Rose even further. "You have me concerned..."

"She will hear this alright! She will hear about how her own father skips out on everything to go fuck some random when he says he has to stay late for work! You missed out on her graduating from preschool and her own BIRTHDAY PARTY TO CHEAT ON ME! How could you, Taehyung? How could you do this to me? To HER!? After all of these years, you...YOU LIED TO ME! To US!" Rose cries, tears streaming down her face.

"What on earth are you talking about? Rose, why would I ever do that?" I swallow hard after I respond.

All of my lies.
They're catching up to me.