47.

(Taehyung's POV)

After a couple hours of being together, Rose decided to spend the night in the hospital with me.

I'm surprised she even decided to stay with me, considering our circumstances have been quite rocky. But because of my condition, she didn't want to leave me alone. I felt quite undeserving of her staying with me, and she knew how I felt. She tried to convince me this was nothing, and wanted to focus on my health and the coming of our daughter.

When the hospital deemed me okay to leave the next day, Rose insisted on coming home with me. She didn't want to leave me, and well, I shouldn't be complaining since this is what I wanted. Maybe I should just roll with it, you know?

I lay in my bed, flat on my back. As calm as I looked on the outside, I didn't feel like it on the inside. My mouth ran dry of saliva, my body trembling with slight chills while my teeth clanked together. And to make matters worse, my heart began to beat so fast as if it were trying to place first in a race. These withdrawals were definitely going to be hard to overcome. Having taken so many of the pills, my body definitely is out of whack. I had to shake this awful anxious feeling, but I shouldn't even complain when I'm watching my very pregnant girlfriend try to get comfortable next to me.

Rose's expression reads she's uncomfortable while trying to adjust herself in the crook of my open arm on her side. My eyes gaze at her noticeable baby bump, and I knew exactly what the issue was.

Rose huffs, finally getting comfortable onto her side, and I notice her hand draws to cup the bloating of her stomach. My eyes are almost glued to the raised bump, and my emotions begin to stir. Rose catches my attention, and the corners of her lips form a grin. "Are you looking at what I think you're looking at?

The sight of her tummy alone begins to calm my heart rate. My emotions forget the anxiety, my worries go out the window and all I can focus on is how something so beautiful is growing in there every day.

"That cute tummy of yours? Sure am." I pass a grin back at the girl, and she slumps down into my body, her arm draping across my lower torso and I hear her exhale through her nostrils.

"Isn't it crazy to think we have a little baby in here? To just...think that my body can hold something so precious and give it life...it's too crazy to wrap my mind around. Maybe, maybe because it just doesn't feel real." Rose sighs, but still smiles. Her eyes trace to the ceiling, and I close my eyes as I snuggle into her.

"It doesn't feel real because she's not here yet." I answer. "Our lives are...somewhat normal, you know? So nothing is really different."

"You're right. I guess it just has it hit me yet that we're going to have a baby." Rose hums again. There's a silence between us before I begin to rub her back. "Sometimes I try to wrap my mind around it and I just..." She exhales.

"Are you excited?" I ask her.

"...To a degree, I guess. It's exciting to think about, you know? We're starting a new chapter in our lives. We get finally be a family, but...part of me is definitely scared..." Rose admits, and my lips fall into a frown. My heart begins to pick up a nervous beat from her answer.

"Scared? Of what?" My mind skips to everything that I've done. I know I burnt more than a bridge, I'm sure. I know it's left open wounds for her, and I feel so terrible. I don't want all of this to still be a problem. My anxiety picks up again as I await her answer.