34.

(Jungkook POV)

"Are you SURE you want to do this?" Lisa asks me, her eyes flashing concerns. She adjusts my collar on my shirt while I shove my backpack over my shoulder. "You can call it off now if you want. Then he can just spend time with Rose, it might just be better that way anyways."

A couple weeks have passed since I last saw Taehyung. We discussed over text message that he would pick me up Friday evening. Now, I was standing by my front window eagerly awaiting his arrival.

"Yes, it's only a day and a half." I answer with confidence, but I hear Lisa grunt in protest.

"I can't help but worry about you going out there with him." She confesses, but I roll my eyes. I place my hands on her shoulder, and her doe like eyes are so full of worries. And for what reason, I don't know why.

"I'm not like Taehyung. I'm not gonna go out and cheat on you. I'm trying to expose the cheater, here." I say almost sarcastically.

"I understand, but I can't help but worry." Lisa admits and I let out a soft chuckle.

I bring her into me, my lips pressing a kiss onto her forehead. "You have to trust me, love. I'm going only for one thing and one thing only. I have to make this weekend count. I'm so close to finishing this, remember why I'm doing this."

Lisa soaks in my words, absorbing everything even though she didn't want to. I could sense her fears about me going out, but she had nothing to worry about. "I know, I know. This is for Rose."

I hear a car honk outside. We both turn in unison, admiring the nice sports car waiting for me outside of my front side walk. "Rose is still coming over tonight, right?" I ask her.

"Yep. Pizza, manicures, and girl talk. I'll try to keep her mind at ease. I'll see if I can get any information out of her and I'll send it your way. But I'll keep that kind of hers preoccupied." Lisa grins and I smile a toothy smile towards her.

I bring her into my arms, her scent wrapping around me completely and I sigh happily. Gosh, this girl is my favorite. "I love you. I'll be okay. Don't worry about me. I promise, everything is gonna be okay."

"I trust you, but absolutely no clubs. That's where I'm drawing the line."

"But..."

"I said no clubs."

"But what if Taehyung wants to go? I need to do it...for investigating."

"Seriously, Jungkook?" I get a swat to my chest.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I love you. I'll see you soon." And with a goodbye peck on my lips, I'm preparing to go on a journey to do something I never thought I'd do before.

"NO! CLUBS!"

I shut the door behind me, letting out a small giggle. This girl.

I see Taehyung sitting in his drivers seat, waving his hand at me to come to his car.

"Come on!"

My hand grasps my backpack as I stare at the beautiful car in front of me. And with that, I'm off to college.