Chapter 6

*Paris's POV*

"Hi.." Dad sits down next to me while I'm watching TV in family room.

"Are you okay, dad?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Yes, I'm okay." Dad nods.

"I'm so sorry that you called off the engagement." I half smiled at him.

"It's okay. I did that for your sake. That's not what you want it." Dad says to me.

"You can do that if you're happy." I chuckle.

"Looking at you happy will make me happier. Now can daddy ask you something?"

"Yeah sure. What's up?" I raise my eyebrows and turn off the TV.

"Are you happy?" Dad asks me.

"Daddy, I'm happy." I chuckle.

"How come you look at me in the eyes and lie to me like that? All your friends said that you sort of changed after your mom and I got divorced. And I realized that, you spent more time in your room and you didn't talk too much when you usually talkative. Not annoyingly talkative, you were cheerful." Dad says to me.

"I don't know, dad. I feel like I'm in the middle of something you know. Like I'm looking for something but I don't know what is it." I said to him.

"And Finn told me that he asked you out but you rejected him and said that you don't believe in love or relationship." Dad says to me.

"Yes I don't." I shake my head.

"Why? Hold on, you're not hiding your sexuality right?" Dad frowns at me.

I laugh and shake my head. "No. I had crush on that cute guy across the street but I never talk to him just like stalked him from my window. And for the I don't believe in love, I don't believe it."

"Why is that?" Dad frowns.

"Look at you. You and mom made vows on the wedding 'until death parts us' and that means something? No. It wasn't. So I don't want to waste my time for something that I know it won't last forever. I'd rather to just being quiet." I said to him.

"Is that why you never have a boyfriend?" Dad asks me.

"Kind of. Well, I haven't meet the guy that could change my perspective about love." I chuckle and lean my head on the sofa board.

"I love you, pumpkin. And you are deserve to be happy and I want to see you to be happy. From now on, don't think too much. Your mom and I will try our best to sort things out together." Dad smiles at me.

"I love you too, daddy." I smile back at him and hug him.

Dad hugs me back and rubs my back. I know ever since my parents got divorced I'm not being myself but now I tried my best to bring myself back and being the old me who always happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing in front of my locker and reading at my schedule list. Suddenly my phone is buzzing. I look at it and Sam texted me to meet him in auditorium right now. What's is the thing he is going to show me?

I shut my locker and hold my phone. I walk in the hallways then turn my way to the auditorium. I raise my eyebrows as Sam is sitting down on a picnic blanket along with picnic basket around.

"What is this?" I chuckle.

"I want to have picnic knowing that you always skipped lunch on Wednesday because you don't like the cafeteria vegetables menu on Wednesday." Sam smiles at me.