Chapter 30

Everything seems fine around here. Prom is this week and I can't wait to dance on my senior prom. My leg is getting better. I can walk now even though little bit limping but so far is fine.

Ever since Meredith got into juvie the school seems so full of peace. No bullying anymore and thank God I can breath freely and nothing can stop me anymore.

"Come on, guys. We're back with the Beatles." Dad walks into the choir room. "We're leaving the mop-tops behind and moving into their experimental years. Now the Rubber Soul album marked a turning point for the group where they literally and figuratively let their hair down. Now the Beatles were the biggest musical act in the world. They could've remained in their comfort zones but instead they risked everything to explore new musical worlds. They had something important to say and they weren't gonna let something as silly as the fear of failure get in their way." Dad says to us.

"Good afternoon, McKinley High. This year all the proms are being fused into one giant brundle-prom." Coach Sue says over the P.A.

"What's a brundle-prom?" Marley frowns.

"I don't get that reference." Jake shakes his head.

"That's from The Fly." Ryder simply said.

"And now for the moment that will crush 99% of your misguided views about your own popularity here are your nominees for prom king and queen. First here are your nominees for prom king.
Blaine Anderson- Muhammad Omar - Artie Abrams- And Stoner Brett Bukowski."

"Wait, I really didn't get nominated for king?" Sam frowns. I half smiled and rub his back.

"And now on to the queens, Kitty Wilde - Amy Ryan- Jordan Stern and, inexplicably Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Yes! Yes!" Tina jumps happily and walks to the front.

"Congratulations. Six of you will be disappointed."

"Yeah! Yes!" Tina cheering happily.

"Tina, this is very uncool." Artie frowns.

"Losing is uncool. I need to maximize my odds of taking the crown so I think I'm gonna go with a group of single gals to corner the dejected wallflower vote and I am going for it. This is my chance to be bigger than Jesus. So can I count on all your votes?" Tina says to us.

"Awkward." Unique mumbles.

"Got mine. Besides, I've got more shots at prom queen. It's Tina's time." Kitty says to Tina.

"I agree. Hit it." Tina shouts as the music start begin and she start singing a song.

Suddenly the bell rings. Sam takes my hand quickly and walks lead me off the choir room. "Congratulations, Tina." Sam simply said and walk leading me out from the choir room.

"That was rude." I chuckle.

"Why you didn't get nominated for the prom queen?" Sam frowns at me.

"I don't know. But that's good because you also didn't get nominated so we will have the best senior prom ever." I smile at him.

"I have this." Sam opens his locker and hand me a letter.

I look at to the letter and raise my eyebrows. "This is from Hunter College?"

"Yes. I'm scared to open that so I want you to open that." Sam giggles.

I open the letter and read it. I gasped and cover my mouth with my hand then turn my face at Sam. "Oh my God! You got in! You got full scholarship!" I smile at him and hug him tightly.

"Wait, you serious?" Sam asks me.

"Yes, Sam! We will go to New York together!" I smile and jump happily. "Ouch!" I hold his hand lean my back against the locker.