Chapter 14

I'm sitting down on my bed, sketching on my sketch book. Tonight is the prom night and I actually don't feel like I want to go. I'm still mourning about my mom's dying.

Suddenly the door bell is ringing. I walk downstairs and open the door and I see Sam is standing by the door. Yeah he already moved back to his family since their parents rent a house in Lima and got jobs back here again.

"I'm going to get ready and go change. Give me ten minutes?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"No, if you don't want to go. Don't go. I know you're still upset." Sam says to me.

"But it's selfish." I half smiled.

Sam rubs my cheek and shakes his head. "It will be selfish if I'm still want to go to the prom when my girlfriend is still mourning." Sam says. "I brought ice cream and we still have prom next year so.." Sam smiles at me.

I smile back at him and take his hand. "Come on in." I smile at him and let him in. "The house seems so empty ever since you moved out."

"Yeah I'm kinda noisy one right." Sam chuckles. "Where is Mr. Schue?"

"Went to school to watch the glee kids." I said to him and walk to the kitchen. "Do you already have dinner?"

"Not yet." Sam shakes his head.

I walk behind the counter and open the fridge. "I haven't eat anything since this noon." I said to him and take calamari out of the fridge.

"Sit down and I'll cook you food." Sam simply said.

"No. It's fine." I shake my head.

"Sit down!" Sam simply said.

I sigh and walk to the counter. Sam walks to behind the counter and open the fridge. "Sam, let's go to the prom."

"Are you sure?" Sam turns his face at me.

"Yes. I shouldn't be being sad sack like this. I'm sure my mom wants me to go to the prom. She was the prom queen during her senior year." I smile at Sam.

"I have my tuxedo in my car." Sam smiles back at me.

"Okay, ten minutes." I giggle and run upstairs.

I take the dress from my closet. It's a golden silver dress that mom ever wore to her senior prom. I took this dress when we cleaned up mom's stuff from her former apartment.

I put the dress on and take black high heels. I'm standing in front of my vanity mirror and put little make up on my face and do my hair. I let my hair down with little curly on the bottom.

After that I put my heels on and look at myself in front of the mirror. I really look like mom. I smile and take my phone then walk downstairs while lift up my dress a bit.

Sam suddenly stands up from his seat as he is sitting down on the couch in family room and wear a tuxedo.

"Wow you are going to be the most beautiful girl in that prom tonight." Sam smiles at me.

I smile back at him and flip my hair back to my earlobe. "Umm shall we go now?"

"I have one more thing." Sam says and takes something. He takes my hand and put wrist corsage on my wrist. "I match the ribbon with your eyes color. I bought this in case you want to go to the prom and here you are." Sam smiles at me.

I smile back at him and pull my face closer to him and kiss him while having my arms around his shoulder. Sam kisses me back and pulls away.

"Shouldn't we go now?" Sam chuckles.