Chapter 33

I walk down in the hallways and turn my way to the auditorium as there is a note inside my locker to go to the auditorium. I look around and it's empty.

I sit down on the front row of the seats until my dad suddenly walks in from the backstage. "What is it?" I ask dad.

"I want to give you a graduation present." Dad smiles at me and sits down on the edge of the stage.

"Is Julia Roberts here?" I ask excitedly.

"No. She called she is very busy so she can't make it to here." Dad chuckles. "But last night I when you tried on your graduation gown, you seems upset. Why is that?"

"Because I don't want to leave you alone." I half smiled. "I don't want to leave my dad who spent everything he has to raised me."

"Honey, you go to New York and get your dream is all the things I want." Dad says to me.

"But I will leave you alone." I said to him.

"And why do you have to worry about me?" Dad chuckles.

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm scared to go." I shrug.

"I was scared to be a father before. I read a lot of books and there are theories about being a father but you know what? It doesn't matter because life is about action not the theory. But all those fears gone when the time you were born. The nurse hand you to me after you got cleaned up, you weren't crying but you looking at me in the eyes like you were telling me that it wasn't hard thing to do, nothing to be scared off. And look at you, you grew up. Don't you worry about a thing. Just do it." Dad smiles at me.

"Someday when I have kids I will raise them the way my parents raised me." I giggle.

"Don't be scared." Dad says to me.

"What if I can't make it?" I ask him.

"You always can come back home. Anytime. And we will open another door and find that there is another way. I don't want you to give up on your dream easily." Dad says to me. "This is your moment to prove all the people who bring you down that you are so much better than they are."

"It's just so sad that for seventeen years I lived, now I have to go and leave you alone." I sigh.

"And you can always come back anytime you want to. Since you were little, I know you are have this hidden talent. I know you are going to be a star and I saw that when you were playing on that concert in Carnegie Hall. You were the star that doesn't need sun to shine." Dad smiles at me.

"Thank you, dad." I smile at him.

"I won't let anything or anyone stop you from getting your dream." Dad smiles at me. "And this is your graduation present." Dad gives me a box. Like a medium box.

I frown and raise my eyebrows and open that box. This is my first violin that I ever got when I was in fourth grade then when the bank took our house, they also took this because it was in the storage room. And there is another thing in that box. It's a photo album. I open it one by one and it's a picture of me since I was new born until now that my parents secretly took.

Dad gets up from his seat and walks to the middle of the stage as the music start begin and he start singing.

Will:
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?