Chapter 20

"Thank you for the stuffed animal." I said to Sam and standing next to his locker.

"You alright? You seems not okay." Sam put his hand on my head.

"I can't concentrate remembering my lines." I sigh.

"Look, you don't have to remember all those lines. Mike taught me this improvisation thing. Just remember the main idea and if you forget just do improvisation." Sam says to me.

"How could always have good things to say?" I smile at him.

"Who knows you better than anyone else in this school except me?" Sam chuckles and shut his locker.

"My dad?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh right.." Sam simply nods.

"I just don't want to feel awkward when we are around each other." I said to him.

"You're still my girlfriend no matter what. Just I'm letting you go for now." Sam says as we walk together.

"Hey, do you want to run lines with me later?" Ryder suddenly stops us and smiles at me.

"Yeah sure." I smile back at him.

"She will see you after school." Sam simply said and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Jealousy detected." I chuckle and keep walking in the hallways with him.

"He is into you. I can totally smell that." Sam frowns at me.

"Sammy..." I turn my face at him and raise my eyebrows at him.

"I'm into you and obviously I know when someone is into you. I can totally smell that." Sam says to me.

"He is into me?" I frown at him.

"You really don't know anything about a guy don't you? Too long being single." Sam simply nod.

I turn my face at him and punch his chest playfully. Sam laughs and rubs my head. We then walk to the auditorium. I take my costume to have fitting for the costume.

I walk to the dressing room and try on the costume. After that I walk out from the dressing room and look into the mirror. "This skirt is really fits on me." I smile at Tina.

"Yeah I found the your old sectionals dress so I matched the size." Tina smiles back at me then turn her face at Marley help her with the dress. "Okay, hold on and suck in." Tina says to Marley.

"I am. I don't understand. This fit yesterday." Marley sighs.

"Maybe it's stress bloating. I get it all the time.", Tina simply said.

"Hey. Tina. I love it so much. I promise I won't pee in it." Brittany says as she wears the costume.

"I'm here for my fitting. Where is Harajuku Girl?" Kitty grins at us.

"I thought you quit because your part was too small." Sugar says to Kitty.

"Well, Spraed Hawk Nose, to quote Shakespeare, "There's no small parts, only fat actresses" Oh, I'm sorry. Did I just say "fat?" I was distracted by Marley's unfortunate and very noticeable weight gain." Kitty says and turns her face at Marley.

"I swear, I'm not eating any differently. How is this happening?" Marley groans.

"I usually don't believe in the lamestream media's definition of "science," but it just makes sense that your metabolism is grinding to a halt. You're getting the body you were destined to have. I had to accept how I am. I spend almost every weekend alone because everyone just assumes that the popular girl's busy. I'm doing this play because I could use some friends. Real ones. So, in the spirit of Grease, I thought it would be good way for us to get to know each other, if we had a sleepover." Kitty grins at us.