Chapter.6 Meeting A Couple

I sat on the couch in the living room.

T.V is running on some action movie.

But all i can feel is dread.

What will she ask me?

God, where is Emmy though?

Yesterday after getting out from the mafia lady boss's house, Emmy dropped me at the house and went away saying she needs air.

I waited on the couch for hours but she didn't come back.

I woke up this morning in the couch, which i have fell asleep on, with a blanket on me, which i know that for certain that Emmy must have put on me. And Emmy was gone again from the house, when i checked her room for signs of her.

Then i went to office not hoping that much that any good will happen, or that the mafia will come. I am not that certain with them.

But there then suddenly i got Manager post, my dream job.

Iam happy! But, there is something amiss.

And iam also dreading of what she will ask me to do for her.

I can't sleep untill i get the answer.

I sink into the couch more, iam bored out of my mind.

Suddenly the doors opened and i sprang to my feet.

Emmy came in looking tired and worn out.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

She did not turned to me and nodded.

"Get ready, we are going to the pub" she said as she walked into her room.

She is acting a little weird.

Whatever happened in that mafia house, that i didn't see, from then on, she seems to act a little.......weird? Distinct?

I sighed and went to my room to get ready.

Why won't i go! Iam bored out of my mind.

I wore white t shirt underneath a light green sweater and paired with black jeans after my shower.

I wore my watch and styled my hair with my hands and went out after applying spray lightly.

I went out and waited for Emmy and then after sometime she appeared with a pale yellow gown flown to her knees. He neckline in v-shape and only a strap on her shoulders instead of hands for the dress. Her hair left to her shoulders.

Ok, who is she trying to impress? Another boy she met?

She raised her eyebrow at me. That wasn't as impressive as Ela.

Ok wait! Were did that come from?

"Is there any boy waiting for you in the pub?" I asked her.

She looked furious for just a moment and then she replied "Maybe or maybe not" she said and passed by me huffing.

I turned to see her sholders slumped.

In the silence of car i remembered "I got the manager post, you know. Miss Ela made him give me, and i know that's not right  way. But iam capable for it, so i don't care for this time. I took it" i said.

Emmy sat silently, driving the car and after awhile she said "so you are changing?" I furrowed my eyebrows "you are changing. You said you don't care and took that job. I thought i have to convince you, if you did not agreed for it." She said.

"Wait! You know i going to get that position."

"I don't know about you, but i know for certain that Ela is going to get you that position." She said with frimness.