Chapter Arnac-6

No he can't do this, not again.

I will not let him. That fool!

As soon as I parked the car, I dashed into the house.

As I neared the cells I heard the whip lashing sound.

As soon I saw Jack grunting in pain as his wounds reopened I saw rage.

I went opening the bars, and slammed the guard into the wall with his neck in my hold. He dropped the whip in fright.

I wanted to kill him even though I know he was not responsible for this.

"Not another lash, do you understand? Or I will show you how someone can reopen the wounds to my men, using you as the practice dummy, do you understand?" I snarled.

The guard nodded as much as he could with his neck in my hands. I pushed him away to scramble from there, and I kneeled beside Jack.

"Jack!"

Jack sagged on to me. His back bleeding with the reopened wounds. The agony he must be in!

"You stupid. Why did you do this again? Just because I did not say anything yesterday meant for you to go on beating yourself? You fool!You idiot!" I shouted at him.

"I have to Arnold. It is the only way I can punish myself for hurting you" he said, his voice painful.

"No, it is not"

"It is. It is the only way I can pay my penance for what I did to you. I will do it. I don't know any other way." he said.

"No you are not" I said.

But he did not respond to that, making me know that my words were not working.

I desperately wanted him to stop it. And I know a way for that to happen. "You are going to stop Jack, and if you don't I am going to get me a whip myself, until you agree with me" I said.

This got a response from him. That gave relief to me. He tightened his hold,"No you are not hurting yourself at all." He said.

"That depends on you Jack. Try me" I said.

Jack finally looked into my eyes and seemed to find conviction in my eyes, that his shoulders sagged in defeat and my shoulders sagged in relief.

"Then i don't know what to do anymore. I do not know how I can ever make it up to you, except with my blood." He said with a defeated tone.

"No, I don't want your blood Jack, not at all," I said.

Jack suddenly fell on the floor and bowed in obedience to me even as his back stretched with his wounds "Then please tell me a way. Please tell me how I can make up for all I have done. I have no more chances in to your heart. But at least give me a piece of you. Like all the others around you here, who seemed to be worshipping you, I will also do that. Please keep me as your servant or pet anyway, anyway so that I can get a small piece of you. I can't live without you. I need you. I was foolish. I love you. I love you. I need you. Please don't throw me away. I committed a terrible crime. Punish me for it. But don't please, please I beg you, I will grovel at your feet. I will leave my pride behind, I will leave all my life behind, and announce to the world how horrible and foolish I'm. Please keep me near you and use me. Use me till nothing is left in me. But please give me the crumbs of your attention. Please, please, I love you..." he kept chanting and grovelling.

And then suddenly my world turned upside down. Jack for one never did this. He will never do this. He would never do this. It was all a dream. It was definitely a dream.

Even though I cannot forgive him, I can't lie anymore, so I decided to tell him the truth, "There is no piece left of me to give you Jack, because when I loved you, I gave my all to you. I still love you, even though I cannot forgive you, I already gave all of myself to you long ago. " I said.