Chapter.2 Jack

I entered the hotel, and felt like there is something going to happen.

I entered my office and copied the folder I worked fully on, yesterday.

It contains a detailed notes of the success of this hotel.

The complete data of how the services go here, the money we charge on customers, the payment we pay to the hotel workers.

The budget we put on this hotel for managing and everything.

All of that, I made it into a data format of files, for presentation to the potential investors for the new hotel construction project.

Actually The Manager, My Boss, had to do all that in the first place, I just had to support him by giving him necessary files.

But, let's say I did all of the work straight for three days.

I already told the manager that his sign and the Cheif's sign should be on the some documents and forms made in to a hard copy before giving them to the investors, which were also made to prepare by me inorder for them to sign.

I was anxious for the big presentation.

I took my pendrive, which have the presentation files copied from my desk, and went in to the managers office.

"Sir, here are the presentation files, if you can check it once finally, and these are the papers for you and the Chief to sign." i said.

"There is no need for that Mr Whitehall, I need not have to check them, when you are the one that prepared them. Here, give me the papers and pendrive, I will take care of the signs." he said and took them from me.

I did all the work, but he gets to present it.

But I really wouldn't mind him taking credit for all that, I only cared if we nailed this presentation infront of the big investors.

"And make the room ready for presentation, Mr Whitehall" he said.

It was not my job list, but I was going to check once anyway, even if he said it or not for my own satisfaction that everything was in order.

I made sure everything was in order in the presentation room.

Manager came in looking worried "Mr Whitehall, please you give the presentation, I'm really going to spoil this presentation, if I ever take it." He said.

I was suprised that he was letting the chance go to me.

"Please, do this for the company" he pleaded and there went with me being sensitive and gullible.

I nodded and the sighed in relief, taking the pendrive from him.

After I got everything I needed and situated myself, after sometime The Chief came in and started giving me looks of hatred.

That's when the investors came in behind him.

Three men came in all from same investing group.

We welcomed them in and made them sit and sat opposite to them on the table.

Chief stood up and introduced us to each other.

Then my manager just spoke a few words and then said,"My assistant wanted the chance to do this presentation, so I want to give him this chance. Gentleman, meet my Assistant Leo Whitehall." Manager clapped me to stand up.

He sat down as I stood up. He said it like I am his Assistant, not his Assistant manager. And did I asked him for the chance? He was just a terrible person, I can't help but work under. He was highlighting himself there like he is some great person to give his pathetic Assistant a chance.