Chapter.12 I Get It! You Are Just A Sister, A Family To Me

I was jogging with Arnold when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around, to see Jack looking, big and strong, as usual, came to us.

I looked at him up and down. "You come here to jog?" I asked.

"Yeah......" he looked at Arnold then turned to me "I used to come here every time. But now, i am exercising in my own house. But today, i just thought i should come." He shrugged looking away.

Arnold looked elsewhere too, like there was no conversation going beside him.

Arnold was, just less than a minute back smiling with me, and now he looks moody.

I can just feel the awkward and uncomfortable silence between the both of them, and me, and for in between them there seemed to be a wedge cracking with fire and both of them too stubborn to stop it.

I decided to talk "Ok well, let's run together for 5 laps." I suggested trying to look like I'm having a normal conversation, but not randomly suggesting something to wade off this awkward and uncomfortable feeling in me.

They both looked at me and nodded, like they are considering my words.

God! Five laps! I should think before I suggest something. I already covered pretty good miles today.

And running five laps, will wind me out for sure.

But i don't want to leave both of them alone, they look at, so odds with each other. And I just don't want to leave as Jack joined us just now . So i suggested some serious exercise.

I'm too good, for my bad like that.

Then we trio started running. By the time the second lap completed, I was completely tired.

I pressured myself to run another two laps, with Arnold and Jack on either side of me.

I am taking deep breaths by now, shoulders lifting up and down.

They both observed my tired form and said we should stop, but i shook my head "I said five, have to complete this lap" i said panting with determination.

Now it is not them that made me run, it is me. If I stop, when there is only one more lap, how can I live, when the situation comes to the death of life if I can't run. It is not like I expected for it to come. Just how will i have a body like this, if i don't work hard for it.

When at last the lap was over I fell onto the nearby bench on my back.

That was awesome, I stretched my limit.

Arnold and Jack stood in front of me and smiled both in their own way.

"You don't have to stress out that much, you know" Jack chuckled as he saw me panting.

I smiled at him looking up at him "Have to work hard to look like this you know, I don't get everything easily, like you" i teased.

"You don't have to build your body anymore, you look good enough. Even without that, you are enough competition to everyone" he said.

"Thanks," I smiled at his compliment.

Jack looked at Arnold, but Arnold did not give him any attention. Did I see that this time, it was Arnold who was ignoring Jack, opposed to last time, when Jack ignored him the whole time at the lunch meeting.

Arnold smiled at me "Believe my word Leo, with your personality and looks you are more better than just any man here, even if you have build or not"

I actually felt embarrassed by his compliment. I mean he is gay, and if he is complimented it seriously meant genuine to me. I am not completely comfortable with someone praising or complimenting me. So he just made me blush a little.